Question if you owned any Gen in the first year - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Question if you owned any Gen in the first year

This is my first experience with having a new model in the first year. I expected some thumbs up, but guys are pulling up alongside me with their passenger window down and yelling out things like "Man, that car is HOT." Older guys, young guys...women not as vocal, but....

I'm just curious if the reaction was the same when the 3rd and 4th gens were brand new. My thought was the 3rd gens may have been looked on this extremely, but even then I remember the old school guys mocking the "plastic" bumpers, etc.

You gotta see Jack.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Supporter of common sense

Having been around for the first 3rd and 4th gen cars, I would say the reactions are not the same from what I've read from current 5th gen drivers

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #3 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 AM

Talking

I ordered a 1982 Z28 the second month they were available, so I had one of the first ones.

It was dark blue with silver ground effects and aluminum wheels. Very sharp looking car.

Yeah, it got looks and thumbs up for a while, but the new Camaro is a level higher. Maybe two levels.

Cheers, Steve SSOA F00-1363 CCSD #204
2000 Camaro SS Lt. Pewter, neutral leather, M6, Hurst, PEG2, ASR, defogger
SLP Chrome ZR1's, D-D exhaust, Bilstein, Castrol, cover, mats, fobs
BMR STB, SLP !CAGS, AAM Diff cover, Chrome Hood Insert, Zaino
Dyno'd at 312 RWHP, 321 RWT
http://camaroclubofsandiego.org

post #4 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 01:19 PM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

I'm a sucker for firsts. But, no regrets so far.

1996 Mustang GT (first 4.6L Mod-motor)
1998 Formula (first LS1 f-body)
2005 Corvette (first C6)
2006 Viper coupe (first Viper coupe)
2007 Escalade (first new body style)
2008 CTS (first new body CTS)
2008 Duramax (first new body truck)
2010 Camaro (first 5th gen)

Forged Wheel Dealer, contact me for a quote! www.DV8Motoring.com

Co-Founder, LS1Tech.com & PlanetLSX.com - 2010 Camaro SS - CGM - 2SS/RS - M6
post #5 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Having been around for the first 3rd and 4th gen cars, I would say the reactions are not the same from what I've read from current 5th gen drivers

I parked in a lot yesterday in Crestwood to pick up dog food, and walking back to the car, seeing it in the sun, from about 100 feet away, it is just an unbelievably beautiful car.
I am so freakin' happy with this car.

You gotta see Jack.
post #6 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 03:23 PM
barbarianmotorsports

i have driven so many cars before but this one is on the top of head turners. its like i am a celebrity . watch out the paparazzi

www.BARBARIANMOTORSPORTS.com
"THE STARTING LINE FOR PERFORMANCE"
post #7 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 03:35 PM

I had the first 2006 Monte Carlo (new front end and V8), got a few looks no women though. I've had the Camaro for about a month. It's nearly caused 3 accidents from people driving and looking at it. I get yells from people on the street, and when I get gas someone is always taking a pic. I'm enjoying it while it lasts

Current Rides
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
2004 GMC Sierra Z71 regular cab short bed. 5.3 V8
Past Rides
1991 Lumina Euro Coupe, 1994 Lumina Z34, 1997 Buick LeSabre, 2001 Camaro SS, 2006 Monte Carlo SS
post #8 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 03:41 PM

I've had mine a month and everytime I go somewhere there is always people around it taking pictures. Everyone wants to sit in it, but I'm being a pain in saying NO!!! It is a real attention getter. Love this car.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-27-2009, 03:41 PM

I have had mine know for 6 weeks and I still cannot pump gas or pretty much go anywhere without someone trying to stop me, give me a thumbs up or simply yelling out Nice/ cool car! Also the kids reaction is the most priceless since mine resembles Bumblebee I get a lot of attention from kids. I especially like it when kids stretch third necks as far up as possible to see out of there car window to get a glimpse of my car. The new Camaro is definitely a celebrity and I am gladly along for the ride!

A funny little story;
I went to see the new Transformers a couple of weeks ago. I had parked my car right up front by the main entrance. When I walked back to my car after watching the movie, there was a young lady in front of me and you could tell she was really eyeing my car. I hit the remote to unlock the doors and my head lights turned on. The lady almost had a heart attack! I explained to her that it was Bumblebee and it was about to transform. She turned around and just smiled with a slight sigh of relief.

Rally Yellow, Black Rally Stripe, 2SS, RS
Born 5/15/09 VIN# last four 8785
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page