Question about auto sport mode - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 07-29-2009, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Question about auto sport mode

Anybody know if when you put the auto in M which is sport mode,does the car start out in 1st gear or do you have to manually put it in 1st with the paddles? When the car is in D,it starts out in 2nd for gas mileage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-29-2009, 08:57 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
It stats out in 1st gear.....Now if you are already moving ( i haven't tired it don't know if it would mess it up) and put it in M mode i would imagine it would put it in whatever gear it was already in.

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 11 Old 07-29-2009, 11:30 AM

I have noticed that if you simply put it into m with out hitting the down shift paddle(when not moving) so that it displays first gear the car will continue to auto shift.

2SS/rs A6 Cyber Grey W/ black Rally Stripes... No longer Waiting

post #4 of 11 Old 07-29-2009, 07:46 PM

I will be glad when I get mine so I can figure this out......no matter what...I know it will be as fun as buying my first Harley D!

needs no explanation

VIN#A9148288
IN MY HANDS 10-7-2009!!!
post #5 of 11 Old 07-29-2009, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenchdog73 View Post
I have noticed that if you simply put it into m with out hitting the down shift paddle(when not moving) so that it displays first gear the car will continue to auto shift.
The only way it will display on the DIC what gear it is in,is by using the downshift paddle.If you just shift into M,the DIC just displays S for sport mode.
post #6 of 11 Old 07-29-2009, 11:06 PM

It starts in 1 I think. I usually drive in D, but when I get to a highway on ramp, I put it in S and turn off the radio. I love the sound of the stock V6, I know most of you guys don't, but **** I think it sounds just right for a V6.

Quote:
The Camaro is 100 hp past its competition. The V6 is running with the top of the competition. In other words, if these cars are the whipped cream and the lower trims are the shake, the Camaro V6 is the cherry on top, and the Camaro SS is the person eating the whole ****ed thing.
-The_Blur
post #7 of 11 Old 07-30-2009, 12:48 PM

You can shift into M ( Sport mode) and back into D anytime while driving-
I do it every day as I have some very large hills to go up / down on my daily commute to work- shifting into M and using the paddles ( buttons) to down shift to use the engine to control speed so I don't cook the brakes too much- plus it sounds mean when you drop back to 2nd down a 10% grade!

It will still autoshift if you put it in M until you use the paddles / buttons to manually shift - then you have to manually shift up / down unless - or just put it back in D

It may just be me, but it seems to shift a bit more aggressively when you put it in M vs. D and just let the autoshift do it's thing.
post #8 of 11 Old 07-30-2009, 05:35 PM
DCJ

Garage
I drive mine alot in Sport mode and every once in a while with the paddle shifters. If in Sport mode without using the paddle shifters....it should start out in first and stay in each gear longer(RPM). Actually it's great, you have 3 different options of driving mode..

Regular Auto

Sport Mode Auto

Manual Paddle Shifter

2011 2SS RS SIM
post #9 of 11 Old 07-30-2009, 05:43 PM
DCJ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otisco Joe View Post
I do it every day as I have some very large hills to go up / down on my daily commute to work- shifting into M and using the paddles ( buttons) to down shift to use the engine to control speed so I don't cook the brakes too much- plus it sounds mean when you drop back to 2nd down a 10% grade!

It will still autoshift if you put it in M until you use the paddles / buttons to manually shift - then you have to manually shift up / down unless - or just put it back in D

It may just be me, but it seems to shift a bit more aggressively when you put it in M vs. D and just let the autoshift do it's thing.
It does stay in gear longer when in M mode if not using the Paddle shifters. I did not realize this until a couple of weeks ago. For a while I thought M was for the Paddle shifting only but realized that it drives in competitive Auto mode when in M Love driving it that way.....actually more than paddle shifting since it will let you almost redline it in M(sport mode)

2011 2SS RS SIM
post #10 of 11 Old 07-30-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otisco Joe View Post

I didn't read the rest of the posts following this one quoted above so this may have already been mentioned BUT IF you drop it in M and don't use the paddles THEN the car senses "how" you're driving, will drop gears for the sportier performance when you're "getting on it" or not and keep rev's down for your gas mileage "when you're not".....

At last--Dream HAS BECOME Reality....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page