Ridiculous Email from a Dealer - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Ridiculous Email from a Dealer

I just emailed a Dealer in LA. I saw a add for a Camaro 1LT that they were selling $9k over msrp for $35k....So I emailed him to see if he would sale it at MSRP and look how rude and unprofessional this guy is, the email gets funny. And you have to start at the bottom of the email.

Seriously you are ridiculous, there are SO many dealers selling at MSRP price and below and accepting discounts....I am going to post this on all the Camaro Forums, you are going to be the laughingstock for awhile. I am in contact with a dealer in Florida that said they can order me one and sale at MSRP. Since you are still so hard headed and don't believe me. Here is an example I found in about 20 seconds buy going online and finding dealers being honest and selling at a honest price.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true

Thank you,

John

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:57 AM
To: Rumbach, John (USPC.PCS&T.Jacksonville)
Subject: Re: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT - $35220 (Thibodaux, Louisiana)

First of all if u can buy one for that price go ahead. I am at 5 auctions a week. I'm sure u never been to a auction the camero is the hottest thing on the market my particular car is worth 31700 to a chevy dealer. So I suggest u take ur paperwork u have and try to go by one if u can buy one for whatever price u said I will give u 30000 a piece for them so go get as many as u can.
I'm not being smart but when someone offers 9k less for a car than I'm asking its a slap in the face. So I don't appreciate ur offer because u don't know what u r talking about.
Good luck on ur camero buying experience but u have no idea what u r talking about.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:45:42 -0400
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT - $35220 (Thibodaux, Louisiana)

HAHA wow are suppose to be professional? Is this how you talk to your customers??

I was asking a simple question buddy. So maybe I should forward this to your Manager, and you should go through training again!

I guarantee you I know WAY more than you about the Camaro than your. Right now I am on the Chevrolet website and built the Camaro the exact way and options you have and it came to $26,570 with the sunroof and all. That is the true MSRP

So actually you might need to wake up and get out of your little fantasy world. And quit charging $5k over MSRP. If you don't believe me then go to and tell me if I am wrong!

http://microsite.chevrolet.com/allne...build-your-own

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:37 AM
To: Rumbach, John (USPC.PCS&T.Jacksonville)
Subject: Re: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT - $35220 (Thibodaux, Louisiana)

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

U need to educate urself on what the market is on these cars. If I wanted to wholesale it I have a chevy dealer that will give 31700. So u must be lost in some world that u know nothing about
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 09:33:53 -0400
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT - $35220 (Thibodaux, Louisiana)

Hey,

I see you are charging way over MSRP.

I would love to buy it for the MSRP which is less than $26k, would you sale it at this price?

Thank you,

John [/B]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 09:39 AM

Sounds like two middle school kids arguing.

What happened to grammar and spelling?

post #3 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Seriously, this is a forum, not a English class. Why do people on forums have to complain about this. I have seen much worse on forums.

post #4 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 10:01 AM
DRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduke10 View Post
Seriously, this is a forum, not a English class. Why do people on forums have to complain about this. I have seen much worse on forums.
Because you didn't type this out on a forum, you did it in an email, a semi-formal means of business communications
post #5 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member

this makes me laugh...

From dealer...."U need to educate urself"

As long as people are willing to keep paying over MSRP...dealers will keep marking up.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #6 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Well if you read my first email to him. It was proper English and decent grammar. Maybe B+ worthy. His reply to me was all ghetto, so I got a little ghetto back with him. So you see how it is.
post #7 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 10:36 AM

I serously wonder if his Sales Manger at this dealership

is aware of this ridiculous level of customer service. I would venture to guess this sales person is a young man....based on his texting style grammer with the "U" instead of "you" etc. In my own experience, when shopping for a new camaro, I went back to the dealer I had bought my last 4 cars from. He was honest and staightforward and told me that this particular dealership was charging 5k over MSRP. He was apologetic and totally professional and wished me luck in finding a great deal out there. Great experience. I would deal with him again in a heartbeat if he had what i wanted. I choose to find a dealership that was offering MSRP. I am hopeful the dealership will hold to their word. Not all car dealerships and salesmen are aweful. We have a couple on this site that are fine examples of straight up people. Guess it pays to educate yourself and shop around. If you are purchasing something over 25K+ i think one should expect good customer service. That salesman also represents the dealership that most likely will be your service center.....RUN if you get treated like this, so poorly.

Foose Legend - MRT V2
post #8 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 10:43 AM

goduke10,

POWERFREAK is right. As long as people keep buying them at those prices, the dealers will continue to demand that type of pricing. I'd say keep shopping around to find the price you're willing to pay. Arguing with those guys is very futile. Also, being a Black American, I am a little wary of the "ghetto" comment. His reply was brash, in poor taste and poor English structure. Good luck to you in your endeavors!
post #9 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
If he is offering you to buy yours for $30,000 i would take him up on his offer. If you sell him enough you can pay cash for your Camaro

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #10 of 27 Old 07-29-2009, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
If he is offering you to buy yours for $30,000 i would take him up on his offer. If you sell him enough you can pay cash for your Camaro
I was totally thinking the same thing. Because there are several 1LT's on Autotrader.com that are selling from $25k - $27k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page