Exited and at the same time worried... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Question Exited and at the same time worried...

Today i received an email from my local dealership inviting me to test drive the new camaro. I am really exited b/c of it, but im worried that they dont take me seriously just because i am a young costumer (probably that is why i did not ask for a test drive when i went to see the camaros at my dealership). My point is that im scared that they dont let me test drive the camaro just b/c im 18 and they think i may do something to the car. (i have 4 years of driving experience and i have a perfect record no tickets, no crashes and a valid drivers license ) and i wanted to ask you guys if is there something that prevents me from test driving a camaro? probably is a stupid question, but i had to ask
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
You should be able to test drive the Camaro. They might make a salesman go with you but they should let you drive. If not call BigFoot to drive over all their cars lol J/K

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 10 Old 07-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Veteran Member

Don't think for the dealership, that's called assuming. If they didn't want you to test drive, they wouldn't have asked. Yes, your age may have played a factor in their eyes, but they invited you anyways, take that as a good sign.

That's my two cents, I'm saving the rest for my down payment

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4

post #4 of 10 Old 07-30-2009, 12:45 AM

some dealerships have insurance that only cover people that are 21, but otherwise there shouldnt be a problem. Im 19 and i test drove about 5 cars including the camaro no problem. the only problem i had was with an arrogant ford dealership that wouldnt let me test drive a mustang gt because it has "too much" horsepower and is in stick. They said that i needed the primary buyer even though id be cosigning with my dad. What the aholes didnt know is that i learned how to drive stick on a 75 stingray and driving a crappy stang is a breeze compared to that thing.

Proud owner of an ABM 2LT
post #5 of 10 Old 07-30-2009, 04:36 AM

you should be more scared that you won't want to get out after the test drive

<3 Mine:2LT IOM CGM rally stripes sunroof <3
post #6 of 10 Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaproshop View Post
You should be able to test drive the Camaro. They might make a salesman go with you but they should let you drive. If not call BigFoot to drive over all their cars lol J/K
Yeah a lot of dealers have the salesman go with, not only with young drivers, if nothing else it gives them time to point out more stuff and keep you on "the route". A lot of dealers have a prefered route that keeps you on smooth roads and out of heavy traffic as much as possible. I'd say go and find out, but I wouldnt forsee a problem.

Red Jewel 2SS

2003 Monte Carlo SS "Pace Car"
post #7 of 10 Old 08-01-2009, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMarie2LT View Post
you should be more scared that you won't want to get out after the test drive
haha... actually you're right

post #8 of 10 Old 08-02-2009, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
If they offered then drive it. Every new car I have purchased the dealer went with me (I'm almost 50). It normally gives the salesman time to have some alone time with the customer. It also allows time for them to show the car.
post #9 of 10 Old 08-02-2009, 08:35 AM

No worries AP....for next event...birthday christmas...whatever ask the folks to rent a camaro from Avis for the day! have fun and keep on dreammin!

Foose Legend - MRT V2
post #10 of 10 Old 08-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member

I felt the same way when I walked into a local dealership. Even though I'm 20 I told the guy I was interested in a Camaro and he kind of just sat there until I told him I was in a horrible car accident and got a huge settlement lol then he bent over backwards to help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page