Time From Confirmed Build Date - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 AM Thread Starter

Time From Confirmed Build Date

Several weeks ago my dealer gave me a "confirmed build date" of July 27th. When I spoke to him last Friday (Aug 7th) and asked about the status of delivery, he said at least 3 -4 more weeks which means that it takes 5 -6 weeks from the build date to recieve delivery. This doesn't sound right to me. Dealer is located in MD. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Veteran Member

Sounds like he lied about the build date to me, but I don't know.

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
post #3 of 5 Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member

Maybe the build date got pushed back? Ask him to give you the actual order status #. OR...post your order # here (and ask nicely for a status check)... https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13013

Mine took 10 days from the day it was built to my driveway, but the TPW did get pushed back 4 weeks from the original week that my dealer told me.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 08-10-2009 at 09:56 AM.

post #4 of 5 Old 08-10-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5USA01 View Post
Several weeks ago my dealer gave me a "confirmed build date" of July 27th. When I spoke to him last Friday (Aug 7th) and asked about the status of delivery, he said at least 3 -4 more weeks which means that it takes 5 -6 weeks from the build date to recieve delivery. This doesn't sound right to me. Dealer is located in MD. Any thoughts?
Could have been your car was on constraint during your TPW...IIRC that was when some of the manual trannys were getting recalled.

This thread is worthless without pictures.

TPW 07/27/09
Vin #31886
Driven home 08/14/09
post #5 of 5 Old 08-10-2009, 12:01 PM

My TPW was 7/27 and my status is shipped....I have a temp delivery date of 8/11, but my dealer can't tell me anymore than that. I can't wait for it to get here. Check with your dealer, if the salesman is not helpful ask to talk to the sales manager. I have found out more info from the sales manager then the salesman...I guess he should get the commission.

Vin#30459
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page