Onstar & Verizon Wireless system - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-12-2009, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Onstar & Verizon Wireless system

I have a question about Onstar and Verizon Wireless phones. I just got off with Onstar, they told me that they cannot transfer a old number from another GM Vehicle that I traded.
My question is, Did Onstar and Verizon Wireless cut their ways? and Onstar is pushing prepaid minutes?
Because today, I went into my Verizon store, and they brought up that I could transfer the number, but Onstar said no. Now I have to go back to Verizon to have the number cancelled.
I like to know if I forgot my regular cell phone, that I have to use the prepaid minutes. I guess I am out in the blue on this.
Did Onstar and Verizon cut their ways?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-13-2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm38 View Post
I have a question about Onstar and Verizon Wireless phones. I just got off with Onstar, they told me that they cannot transfer a old number from another GM Vehicle that I traded.
My question is, Did Onstar and Verizon Wireless cut their ways? and Onstar is pushing prepaid minutes?
Because today, I went into my Verizon store, and they brought up that I could transfer the number, but Onstar said no. Now I have to go back to Verizon to have the number cancelled.
I like to know if I forgot my regular cell phone, that I have to use the prepaid minutes. I guess I am out in the blue on this.
Did Onstar and Verizon cut their ways?
I do not quite understand your question. I have Verizon and I use it in my car using the Bluetooth Sync. I do not use the Onstar prepaid minutes. What exactly are you trying to accomplish here, using your phone through the car system? If so then you need to use the radio and go to Phone settings and sync your car with your phone. Note* your phone has to have Bluetooth technology in order to use it. I hope this helps.

Rally Yellow, Black Rally Stripe, 2SS, RS
Born 5/15/09 VIN# last four 8785
post #3 of 8 Old 08-13-2009, 10:33 AM

verizon

he's trying to say that you used to be able to link your verizon minutes with onstar so you could use onstar with your verizon minutes to make calls even if you did not have your phone in the car.Can't do it anymore.

post #4 of 8 Old 08-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Supporting Camaro Focus Group Member

as far as I know, nothing has changed between Onstar and VzW. I just logged into my OnStar account, and they have info there for the VZ Nationwide calling plans.

His - 2000 M6 Firehawk #295
Hers - 2004 M6 GTO
Boys - 2008 Yukon XL Denali
post #5 of 8 Old 08-13-2009, 07:24 PM

verizon

It has changed,onstar is no longer affiliated with verizon.I called onstar to try to link with my verizon acct,they told me they don't do it anymore.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-13-2009, 08:08 PM

My car is linked to my Verizon account for $10 a month. I did this the first day I received the car as they were trying to sell me minutes. It actually worked out last night as I went out for take out and left my Blackberry at home. Thought I was lost for a minute then remembered I can still make a call home to see what the wife wanted.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-18-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk952 View Post
It has changed,onstar is no longer affiliated with verizon.I called onstar to try to link with my verizon acct,they told me they don't do it anymore.
That is correct!
post #8 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 PM

Sorry to those of you who can no longer link your car to your Verizon account. It says on their website that they are no longer accpeting new customers to the program but current customers will still have it linked to their account. I am glad I got in when I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page