Red Jewel Question - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Red Jewel Question

Hi All -

First time poster, long time lurker here... Planning to order a car pretty soon and noticed on spasticsquirrel exterior color filter a designation for "red jewel tintcoat" and a separate one for "red jewel tintcoat - premium paint"...

What does that mean?? Are there really two specs for RJT??

I can't decide between a V6 or a V8. For some reason that I can't really figure out, I'm leaning towards inferno orange with black rally stripes if a V6, but the red jewel tint if a V8...

The conservative "middle-aged guy" in me is leaning towards V6, but the "live a little" gremlin on my shoulder, (plus all my buddies and two bosses) are all whispering "V8"!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Howard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 05:57 PM

look at the long run are you gonna be putting a lot ofmoney into the v-6 to make more hp cause if you are you'll just be getting as much as a slightly modded V-8 its your choice though. Oh and welcome to the forums

GTFO of here with your ricer math
post #3 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Howard,

Welcome! If I am not mistaken their is only one RJT for the Camaro and it is the Premium tintcoat color. It is available at an additional charge (compared to the other colors), and not available on the LS. In regard to the V6 vs. V8 question. CamaroSS/RS summed it up nicely. It all depends on what you are looking to get out of the car. 400-426hp V8, or 304hp V6. 16/24 mpg V8, or 17/29mpg V6. I would think that insurance would be cheaper on the V6 as well. I tend to lean toward the notion that you can never have too much power; so for me it's an SS all the way. Go by you local dealership(s), and test drive both of them. Good luck on your decision!

post #4 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 06:26 PM

This is my opinion only no offense intended but I saw a IOM car the other day and the paint looks like pumpkin when the sun is not out and its getting dark out looked really ugly the owner even said to me he didn't like that about it I would go for the red myself I have a SIM

do your own mods and be proud when you brag
post #5 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardh View Post
Hi All -

First time poster, long time lurker here... Planning to order a car pretty soon and noticed on spasticsquirrel exterior color filter a designation for "red jewel tintcoat" and a separate one for "red jewel tintcoat - premium paint"...

What does that mean?? Are there really two specs for RJT??

I can't decide between a V6 or a V8. For some reason that I can't really figure out, I'm leaning towards inferno orange with black rally stripes if a V6, but the red jewel tint if a V8...

The conservative "middle-aged guy" in me is leaning towards V6, but the "live a little" gremlin on my shoulder, (plus all my buddies and two bosses) are all whispering "V8"!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Howard
Get yourself a Red Jewel V8.

I can't tell you how close I came to getting black. The RJT is one of the prettiest cars I've ever seen in the sun, and at dusk, it's plum gorgeous.

You gotta see Jack.
post #6 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 08:15 PM

You gotta see Jack.
post #7 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 08:22 PM

Go with a V8.
post #8 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Veteran Member

Go with the V-8, you won't regret it Not even a little bit..

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #9 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_SS View Post
Go with the V-8, you won't regret it Not even a little bit..
+1

2SS/RS Red Jewel Tintcoat
6-Speed Automatic - #122784
post #10 of 21 Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 PM

Dude, You are gonna freak, When you see the RJT in the sun. If you haven't actually seen the red jewel tintcoat in the sun. Whoo!. Picture this... Do you remember candy apple red. The RJT is a candy cherry red with a fine metalic base and a lot of clear coat finish. Absolutely Freak'in Beautiful.
You made a fine choice in colors. I purchased SS2/RJT w/Black Stripes, 6sp Man., 20" Polished Rims. I questioned my choice of colors when I started seeing terrible pictures of the RJT on the internet. But after taking delivery. I come to realize the pictures do not capture the real color tone of the Red Jewel Tintcoat. Dude, I get stopped all the time. I mean, all the time. No matter where I go. People taking pictures, People wanting to check the car out. The biggest kick I get, is the face of some poor dude in his Mustang when he notices his girl is check'in my camaro ss2 out! Whoo You'll have to get use to the extra new attention you will receive. Sorry, dude. Its the car.

Fly Low and avoid the radar

Last edited by seherr; 08-13-2009 at 10:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page