Factory Sound System - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-15-2009, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Factory Sound System

I haven't seen many comments about the factory sound system. It is the same in both the LT & SS, isn't it??

I replaced the sound in a '97 Mercury Cougar and my Suburban with Crutchfield components and it really made a world of difference in both of them.

Any comments one way or another on whether an SS Camaro would need (or benefit) from such an upgrade??

(this question coming from a fairly serious audiophile)

Thanks,
Howard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

there's a stock system and an upgraded Boston Acoustics system (you can get either in both the LT and SS). I have the BA system and I think it sounds pretty good for a factory stereo. You say you're a fairly serious audiophile, so I doubt you'll be 100% satisfied. If you were to add an amp and sub, and/or swap out the speakers....maybe.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-15-2009, 10:50 PM

Howardh

I have to agree with POWERFREAK. If you're really that serious, get the Boston Acoustics system and upgrade the amplifiers and speakers to your liking. The Camaro, unlike many of the vehicles of the past, has a truly unique audio system design. It may be a very long time if anyone even attempts to make a replacement head unit. Check out the threads in the Electronics & Audio section. I'm sure you'll find what you need there. Good luck! For me the stereo will be secondary.

post #4 of 6 Old 08-16-2009, 08:03 AM

You will not be happy with ANY factory system if you are seriously an audiophile. I ordered a 2ss/rs and wanted to delete the BA upgrade, however that was not an option. I will be swapping out all the speakers and adding amps and subs fairly soon. There are times when you just gotta have the tunes for those long drives!!
post #5 of 6 Old 08-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member

The BA system is very nice, but it hits decently. I do plan on getting some Fi Subs soonish though.

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
post #6 of 6 Old 09-09-2009, 12:36 AM

BA sounds pretty good, but definitely needs subs...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page