shark fin question - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 08-16-2009, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

shark fin question

Does the fin stick up really high from the top of the car? It says on the gm website that the height of the camaro is 54.2 I need to know how much does the fin add. If anyone knows it would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-16-2009, 06:35 PM

its mounted toward the back on a down slope of the roof it only sticks up about 1-1/2 inches above the roof line if that..,

do your own mods and be proud when you brag
post #3 of 15 Old 08-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
This is how far it sticks up...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00246.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	3152  

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.

post #4 of 15 Old 08-16-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks I need to know exactly the height cause its goining under my lift and I have 56.5 inches under. I hope it will fit...
post #5 of 15 Old 08-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsg1518 View Post
Thanks I need to know exactly the height cause its goining under my lift and I have 56.5 inches under. I hope it will fit...

Sticks up 3 inches for roof i went and measured

post #6 of 15 Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 PM

does anyone know if there is an option to delete the antenna? i really dont care about satellite radio or onstar (considering once 3 months are up i wont need the fin at all). i think the fin looks ridiculous and would rather not have it at all.
post #7 of 15 Old 08-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieDrifter View Post
does anyone know if there is an option to delete the antenna? i really dont care about satellite radio or onstar (considering once 3 months are up i wont need the fin at all). i think the fin looks ridiculous and would rather not have it at all.

Not an option you get free Onstar for 1 year antenna for xmradio is in back glass...

post #8 of 15 Old 08-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsg1518 View Post
I have an SS with sunroof...I laid a long level front-to-back on the sunroof since that is the highest point (yes, the level was level )...the top of my sharkfin was 1 1/16" above the bottom of the level. I then turned the level side-to-side and measured from the ground up to the bottom of the level and it looked to me to be 54", so that jives with the 54.2" high you say is on GM's website.

So, to be safe, if we take 54.2" and add 1.1" to that, the top of the sharkfin should be ~55.3", so I think you should have a good 1" to spare!

P.S. Not sure why anyone would want to delete or remove their Camaro's sharkfin...how will you be able to sniff out Mustangs??

Last edited by DET MSCL; 08-16-2009 at 10:29 PM.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-17-2009, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member

I need my little shark Fin. I'm going to drill a hole in the top of it so I can instert my lightning Rod therefore I can direct 1.21 GIGAWATTS into the Flux capacitor which will activate my AFM and Save fuel for me down the road.

I came up with that idea while installing a medicine cabinent over my toilet , I fell and hit my head on the tub and thats how it all started.
post #10 of 15 Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I need my little shark Fin. I'm going to drill a hole in the top of it so I can instert my lightning Rod therefore I can direct 1.21 GIGAWATTS into the Flux capacitor which will activate my AFM and Save fuel for me down the road.

I came up with that idea while installing a medicine cabinent over my toilet , I fell and hit my head on the tub and thats how it all started.

Just don't travel back to the future and get lost.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page