When will we see camaros selling at normal prices - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

When will we see camaros selling at normal prices

Hi,

I was wondering if you guys and girls have any idea when it will be easier to find camaros selling for at most window sticker price. I called my local dealerships since they have camaros but all of them are asking 5,000 over sticker price for "market conditions"....and since I don't have a money tree I will have to pass.

If anyone knows a dealer in the south florida area selling a LT with RS package at sticker price, and that will honor the college grad discount please let me know. Is this good for business to have vehicles parked in a lot hoping someone will be stupid enough to pay the mark-up. For example, kendall chevrolet has about 10 camaros both v6 and V8 just parked there with 5,000 and 10,000 mark up respectively.

Luisn17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member

No, you shouldn't have to pay over MSRP...send Eric a PM (user name here is "Classic Chevrolet") He's a salesman in TX, but they have a dealership in FL as well...maybe he can put you in touch with someone there.

I would think by the end of the year, the markup's should chill out...but high demand for the Camaro is a good thing otherwise.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 AM

All the dealers around me are selling them at MSRP. We got ours at MSRP

post #4 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 AM

You can buy at MSRP. Now that MSRP will be different from state to state. Dude, make an offer at MSRP, then wait for the phone call. They will want to sell these awesome cars, so they can get more of them!
post #5 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 10:56 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
We've been normal for a long time, and honoring the discounts. A few more months everyone will be selling for around invoice.

And I've got one of the shortest wait lists on the internet

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #6 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 AM

I got mine at MSRP. However, a dealer i talked to said they were selling some at 4500 over Sticker on ebay
post #7 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Veteran Member

I bought mine for sticker...

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
post #8 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 04:02 PM

Welcome, I'm in south Florida as well. I ordered mine at sticker at the Green Acers dealership off Lake Worth Rd in Palm Beach County. They don't have any on the lot, and its quite a drive from Kendell but you won't have to pay those crazy prices.
post #9 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 04:18 PM

Ahhh Great, here goes another MSRP forum again!!!!

Rodney Updegrave
2011 Chrysler 300C, 1954 Cadillac Coupe De Ville,1949 Pontiac Woodie Wagon,1972 VW Beetle Roadster, 2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
www.fquick.com/rodster56

post #10 of 15 Old 08-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

There's no reason you should pay over MSRP. There are many dealers out there if you're willing to travel.

How the Disciples help Chevrolet and Being a Camaro Disciple

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '02 Z06; '05 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page