Going down to talk to the "accessories" guru @ my dealership tomorrow, any comments? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 08-20-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Going down to talk to the "accessories" guru @ my dealership tomorrow, any comments?

First off, I really want to thank all the members of 5th Gen / Modern Camaro!!! I've said this once before but your stories, comments and energy have been about the only thing keeping me from pulling my hair out while I wait for my baby to get here!!

Deposit $1,000 on 1/10/09 (still waiting 8/19/09)
2SS/RS - Manual - Impearial Blue

Origainally ordered with these options:

Cyber Grey Hood & Hockey vinyl stripes

20" Alum Polished rims

Sun Roof

Ground Effects Kit

At the time the other options I wanted were not available, they were:

Intake, Headers, Exhaust, BLUE interior Illumination and yes I originally wanted to order the high wing spoiler. Ok, comment on everything else EXCEPT the spoiler, I think I pretty much know everyones opinion on that.

Now don't get me wrong I have been calling pretty consistantly to find out the status on my order, but I have been told "production delays" 2 times and have had 3 "estimated target delivery" weeks, but never (this includes today) a hard delivery date. With that in mind my current "target" is the last week in August (next week), so I figured I would go down there and talk to them about the dealer installed accessories so they have a chance of getting ther when the car dose so I dont have to drive around with a work in progress.

The way I was made to understand it, the interior illumination was a factory option available in red, orange and yellow only, at least that is what my dealer said. If this is true I had told him I was only interested in Blue so I may have missed out.

After reading everyones opinion on paint v.s. vinyl stripes, I will be asking for a price from my dealership to paint them on. As long as I am painting them on I am thinking of changing the color from the Cyber Grey to the Silver Ice, and bringing the hockey all the way down in the front. What do you think?

The ground effects have to be painted, hands down.

The intake / exhaust is a must, but after reading the forums I'm thinkin the off road, but I did not seem to see if any one answered if they were cat-back or axle-back, maybe I missed the answer.

Let me know if anyone thinks I am really missing out on anything, your opinions have come to matter to me.

And yes, I am going to order the **** spoiler, but I am not commited to putting it on yet, I really want to see it first, in person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 08-20-2009, 10:41 PM

For the stripes, if you change to silver and the stripes are black, i would take them all the way down IMO. i prefer the silver over grey but its your car. The intake i would go with lmr. i do believe the exhaust are axle back but there is a thread with gm accessories in it.
post #3 of 14 Old 08-20-2009, 10:52 PM

I don't have the car and maybe I'd do things differant at that time but if I was in youre shoes the only thing I'd do differant is nix the exhaust at this time. As there is better out there in the aftermarket ...and cheaper. I'd take that money and get the Hurst short throw shifter instead. Thats me though.. gosh I wish I was in youre position with all the afterthoughts and decisions .

post #4 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flame19123 View Post
For the stripes, if you change to silver and the stripes are black, i would take them all the way down IMO. i prefer the silver over grey but its your car. The intake i would go with lmr. i do believe the exhaust are axle back but there is a thread with gm accessories in it.
Base: Imperal Blue Metalic, Option (Dealer installed) Vinyl - Cyber Grey - Hood & Hockey Stripe package. Original order

V.S.

Having the Dealer PAINT the hood and hockey in Silver Ice Metalic, with the front hockey stripes (see an example of an awsome black base with white hockey stripes,<thanks to Autoguy sponser >. This design is what I am talking about, only with Imperal Blue Metalic as the base color w/ SMI as the stripes.

I'm sorry, here is the link to the page w/ the blk w/ wht stripes I was talking about: https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16543

Last edited by cigam21; 08-21-2009 at 01:34 AM.
post #5 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by les772 View Post
I don't have the car and maybe I'd do things differant at that time but if I was in youre shoes the only thing I'd do differant is nix the exhaust at this time. As there is better out there in the aftermarket ...and cheaper. I'd take that money and get the Hurst short throw shifter instead. Thats me though.. gosh I wish I was in youre position with all the afterthoughts and decisions .
That would be cool if I was watching penneys. but my whole desire here is to have an "all GM car", I mean, to have a bill of sale to state all the options on the car to be listed. And in 20 years I will have alot of AWSOME memories and watch someone else have the same look in their eyes as it goes over the block. Ok, I have spent too much time in the tent @ Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale but that is what I am going for, but the cars that people seem the fondest of are cars that they remember. Mods to the base design always make us think "what could have been", but it is the un-modified car that will stir the memories of childhood and speed.
post #6 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 09:27 AM

ah . totally understand about the GM all the way thing. I'm the same way... the hurst shifter is a dealer installed item . That is a must have on my list then the long bumble bee stripes next. I'd love to paint them on but I'd want the car all Gm and like you want to to keep it as long as I'm around . I get my house paid off in a couple years and plan on getting the convertable at that time. Long wait...... very long .
post #7 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by les772 View Post
ah . totally understand about the GM all the way thing. I'm the same way... the hurst shifter is a dealer installed item . That is a must have on my list then the long bumble bee stripes next. I'd love to paint them on but I'd want the car all Gm and like you want to to keep it as long as I'm around . I get my house paid off in a couple years and plan on getting the convertable at that time. Long wait...... very long .
The way I see it, if I have my dealer paint them and the work is part of the bill of sale, then the painted on stripes are a GM product. GM certified tech's = GM product.

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
post #8 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 10:13 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Sure, Get all his prices then call Dave "Diller" here in parts so he can save you big money!

Ground effects here are only $1560 compared to the $2265 when ordered with the car. I advise everyone NOT to order them with your car!

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #9 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigam21 View Post
Base: Imperal Blue Metalic, Option (Dealer installed) Vinyl - Cyber Grey - Hood & Hockey Stripe package. Original order

V.S.

Having the Dealer PAINT the hood and hockey in Silver Ice Metalic, with the front hockey stripes (see an example of an awsome black base with white hockey stripes,<thanks to Autoguy sponser >. This design is what I am talking about, only with Imperal Blue Metalic as the base color w/ SMI as the stripes.

I'm sorry, here is the link to the page w/ the blk w/ wht stripes I was talking about: https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16543
Keep in mind that the Cyber Gray stripes are glossy, the other colors are flat.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #10 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 03:38 PM

It sounds like you're all set. It's gotta be really frustrating watching everyone else then to change your mind. Bottom line is do what makes YOU happy, your tastes. The beauty of these cars is that we have the ability to make them our own. THis will be a car that gets all of us excited still 20 years from now and I understand what you mean of the memories. My dad gets many compliments from his true-to-the-original 71' Nova.

Anyway, CGM is pretty dark as is the IBM. I think silver with the extended stripes would look awesome, it would pop.

I look forward to seeing your final input and decisions when your car gets here!!! =) The wait WILL be worth it. 3 months and counting on my perma-grin!!

<3 Mine:2LT IOM CGM rally stripes sunroof <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page