ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts

ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts (https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/)
-   5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion (https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/5th-generation-camaro-news-general-discussion/)
-   -   Da*n Wipers! (https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/5th-generation-camaro-news-general-discussion/16764-da%2An-wipers.html)

LS3-2SS 08-21-2009 07:36 PM

Da*n Wipers!
 
1st time out in the new car. Go down to the corner sports bar to get matches for the barbeque. Park uphill in the handicap slot in front. Of course the bartender wants to see it, he remembered 10 months ago when I told him I ordered it. Then 3 or 4 other guys want to see it.

OK, after all the handshakes, etc. I'm backing out down hill, have to make a sharp left turn in reverse, 6M, I'm looking back and hit the wiper stalk. How do you turn the things off???? I didn't read the book, so I felt kind of stupid sitting there and blocking the Mustang coming in, but he sure was looking!!! Got going and pulled it over to figure the da*n thing out!!!:o

Terry

2032Ceta 08-21-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS3-2SS (Post 180507)
1st time out in the new car. Go down to the corner sports bar to get matches for the barbeque. Park uphill in the handicap slot in front. Of course the bartender wants to see it, he remembered 10 months ago when I told him I ordered it. Then 3 or 4 other guys want to see it.

OK, after all the handshakes, etc. I'm backing out down hill, have to make a sharp left turn in reverse, 6M, I'm looking back and hit the wiper stalk. How do you turn the things off???? I didn't read the book, so I felt kind of stupid sitting there and blocking the Mustang coming in, but he sure was looking!!! Got going and pulled it over to figure the da*n thing out!!!:o

Terry

It happens...I have driven mine for over 1000 miles without stalling it once. Today, in front of a bunch of onlookers, stalled it in a turn lane. Looked like a complete idiot...

silverrocket 08-22-2009 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS3-2SS (Post 180507)
1st time out in the new car. Go down to the corner sports bar to get matches for the barbeque. Park uphill in the handicap slot in front. Of course the bartender wants to see it, he remembered 10 months ago when I told him I ordered it. Then 3 or 4 other guys want to see it.

OK, after all the handshakes, etc. I'm backing out down hill, have to make a sharp left turn in reverse, 6M, I'm looking back and hit the wiper stalk. How do you turn the things off???? I didn't read the book, so I felt kind of stupid sitting there and blocking the Mustang coming in, but he sure was looking!!! Got going and pulled it over to figure the da*n thing out!!!:o

Terry

must be your first chevy , chevy has has the same wiper control for like 20 years on many cars, I always have nightmares of hitting something backing out near people

edawgdesigns.com 08-22-2009 04:15 PM

We've all been there, I just hate it when it happens right after I detail my ride, then it smudges my perfectly streak-free windshield...arrgghh

gdcod3player 08-22-2009 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edawgdesigns.com (Post 180683)
We've all been there, I just hate it when it happens right after I detail my ride, then it smudges my perfectly streak-free windshield...arrgghh

i totally did that today too....

LS3-2SS 08-22-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrocket (Post 180676)
must be your first chevy , chevy has has the same wiper control for like 20 years on many cars

Nope, not my first Chevy, I have a nice 68 El Camino show car and a 86 Silverado short wide street truck. Had a 62 Impala SS 409 and a 78 25th Anniversary Corvette too.

BamaSS 08-22-2009 09:18 PM

:lol: Funny! We've probably all been there.... Wishing we had just stayed home that day. :eek:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
©2006 - 2013 ModernCamaro.com
Camaro, Chevrolet, and their associated logos and likenesses are registered trademarks of General Motors Company.
ModernCamaro.com has no affiliation with General Motors Company and General Motors Company does not endorse this website in any way.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome