Da*n Wipers! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LS3-2SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 175
 
Da*n Wipers!

1st time out in the new car. Go down to the corner sports bar to get matches for the barbeque. Park uphill in the handicap slot in front. Of course the bartender wants to see it, he remembered 10 months ago when I told him I ordered it. Then 3 or 4 other guys want to see it.

OK, after all the handshakes, etc. I'm backing out down hill, have to make a sharp left turn in reverse, 6M, I'm looking back and hit the wiper stalk. How do you turn the things off???? I didn't read the book, so I felt kind of stupid sitting there and blocking the Mustang coming in, but he sure was looking!!! Got going and pulled it over to figure the da*n thing out!!!

Terry

2SS/RS, M6, Silver Ice, Black leather, 20" polished wheels
LS3-2SS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 12
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3-2SS View Post
1st time out in the new car. Go down to the corner sports bar to get matches for the barbeque. Park uphill in the handicap slot in front. Of course the bartender wants to see it, he remembered 10 months ago when I told him I ordered it. Then 3 or 4 other guys want to see it.

OK, after all the handshakes, etc. I'm backing out down hill, have to make a sharp left turn in reverse, 6M, I'm looking back and hit the wiper stalk. How do you turn the things off???? I didn't read the book, so I felt kind of stupid sitting there and blocking the Mustang coming in, but he sure was looking!!! Got going and pulled it over to figure the da*n thing out!!!

Terry
It happens...I have driven mine for over 1000 miles without stalling it once. Today, in front of a bunch of onlookers, stalled it in a turn lane. Looked like a complete idiot...

2SS/RS, IOM, black interior, hockey stripes, 21" polished wheels, GFX, car cover, painted engine cover, and trunk mat.
2032Ceta is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 08-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Junior Member
 
silverrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: buffalo
Posts: 67
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3-2SS View Post
1st time out in the new car. Go down to the corner sports bar to get matches for the barbeque. Park uphill in the handicap slot in front. Of course the bartender wants to see it, he remembered 10 months ago when I told him I ordered it. Then 3 or 4 other guys want to see it.

OK, after all the handshakes, etc. I'm backing out down hill, have to make a sharp left turn in reverse, 6M, I'm looking back and hit the wiper stalk. How do you turn the things off???? I didn't read the book, so I felt kind of stupid sitting there and blocking the Mustang coming in, but he sure was looking!!! Got going and pulled it over to figure the da*n thing out!!!

Terry
must be your first chevy , chevy has has the same wiper control for like 20 years on many cars, I always have nightmares of hitting something backing out near people


do your own mods and be proud when you brag
silverrocket is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 08-22-2009, 04:15 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 59
 
We've all been there, I just hate it when it happens right after I detail my ride, then it smudges my perfectly streak-free windshield...arrgghh
edawgdesigns.com is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 08-22-2009, 04:38 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 401
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edawgdesigns.com View Post
We've all been there, I just hate it when it happens right after I detail my ride, then it smudges my perfectly streak-free windshield...arrgghh
i totally did that today too....
gdcod3player is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 08-22-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
LS3-2SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 175
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverrocket View Post
must be your first chevy , chevy has has the same wiper control for like 20 years on many cars
Nope, not my first Chevy, I have a nice 68 El Camino show car and a 86 Silverado short wide street truck. Had a 62 Impala SS 409 and a 78 25th Anniversary Corvette too.

2SS/RS, M6, Silver Ice, Black leather, 20" polished wheels
LS3-2SS is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 08-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Member
 
BamaSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northeast Alabama
Posts: 149
 
Funny! We've probably all been there.... Wishing we had just stayed home that day.
BamaSS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome