any one do thier exhaust yet? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

any one do thier exhaust yet?

Im curious if any of our members have done thier exhaust yet. I was thinking when my car arrives to just replace the original mufflers with Flowmaster. Is that worth it ? will I gain any performance ? Had anyone seen hi flow cats for this car yet ? Am I best off going with a total cat back or is replacing the mufflers good enough ? The borla system seems a bit pricey but if its the concensus that a system like that is the way to go then Im going to save my money for a while. any input is appreciated any suggestions ?

Last edited by mucker15; 08-22-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Veteran Member

You can certainly try just swapping mufflers...you could always go w/ an axle-back system. Did you order M6 or A6?

The only hi-flow cats I've seen come with headers, I haven't seen a stock-replacement catted mid-pipe yet.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #3 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 09:51 AM
ModernCamaro.com Sponsor

Exhaust Install How-To: http://www.planetlsx.com/tech/How_To...0_Camaro_SS/95

Header Install How-To: http://www.planetlsx.com/tech/How_To...0_Camaro_SS/98

Forged Wheel Dealer, contact me for a quote! www.DV8Motoring.com

Co-Founder, LS1Tech.com & PlanetLSX.com - 2010 Camaro SS - CGM - 2SS/RS - M6

post #4 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 09:59 AM

yes, we have Tom Henry's exhaust. its great! check out his site at Tomhenryracing.com
post #5 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 10:24 AM

Just finished my install on Wednesday. It's great. No noise when just cruising about town, but when you open it up it comes alive. Very have with what I installed. American Racing headers, w/3" stainless steel back to the stock axles and used stock muffers. If I knew how to post a video on this site then all could hear how sweet.
post #6 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

A6 for me swappin out the mufflers seems to be the most resonable way to go is there any advantage to after market pipes? With another baby on the way I have to go with the most affordable option.

Last edited by mucker15; 08-22-2009 at 11:13 AM.
post #7 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
A6 for me swappin out the mufflers seems to be the most resonable way to go is there any advantage to after market pipes? With another babay on the way I have to go with the most affordable option.

with an A6, you'll gain more HP by doing a complete cat-back, because there's a bunch of resonators on there. BUT, it's also more susceptible to drone. Could always try just a muffler delete.

Flowmaster should have some systems out soon, so might be worth the wait to see what they're offering.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 08-22-2009 at 11:17 AM.
post #8 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
with an A6, you'll gain more HP by doing a complete cat-back, because there's a bunch of resonators on there. BUT, it's also more susceptible to drone. Could always try just a muffler delete.

Flowmaster should have some systems out soon, so might be worth the wait to see what they're offering.
Cool thats the kind of advice I was looking for, I am a big flowmaster guy,, I went with magna flow on my TA and was dissapointed in the sound,,my 69 sounds like its angry about something thats the sound I want

post #9 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
Im curious if any of our members have done thier exhaust yet. I was thinking when my car arrives to just replace the original mufflers with Flowmaster. Is that worth it ? will I gain any performance ? Had anyone seen hi flow cats for this car yet ? Am I best off going with a total cat back or is replacing the mufflers good enough ? The borla system seems a bit pricey but if its the concensus that a system like that is the way to go then Im going to save my money for a while. any input is appreciated any suggestions ?
I still plan to get a catback, but I need to recoup my finances before I spend $1500+ more on my car, so it may be a while...

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #10 of 20 Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 PM

I went with the ground affects package and GM high performance mufflers. The sound is real throaty. If that is a word?? The Dealer still doesn't have my retangular tips in or the COLD AIR Intake on yet. Guess GM hasn't made it for the V6 yet? That's what the Dealer here in Utah says. I purchased it in June. Cman#3

Last edited by Cman3; 08-22-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Add more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page