Windows Tinted? Check!!!! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 Old 08-22-2009, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Windows Tinted? Check!!!!

Finally! Got the windows tinted today. Unfortunately my window tinter (and personal friend) could not fit me into his schedule until today. But he does such great work it is always worth the wait. This was his first Camaro to tint and wanted to make sure the job was "done right". I wanted the tint to go all the way to the bottom of the rear window so it was a lot of work. Some tinters will just cut around the third brake light. We had to tear the rear apart to get to the bottom of the window but the hard work paid off!!!!

Just tried to upload photos but the original photos were 4.1MB and when I cropped then down to 250KB it was pointless. Dang!

Just figured it out! Whew.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6918 post.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	3260   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6919 .jpg
Views:	250
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	3261   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6922.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	3262   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6928.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	3263   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6929.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	3264  

Last edited by BamaSS; 08-22-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 Old 08-22-2009, 09:02 PM

I totally agree with the tinting. I HATE it when I see the window tinted with a cutout around the 3rd brake light.

No attention to detail!

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
post #3 of 45 Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 PM

Looks good. This is the first thing I'm going to do when mine gets here. All black Camaro means I need to get as dark tint on it as possible.

post #4 of 45 Old 08-22-2009, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorAirForce View Post
Looks good. This is the first thing I'm going to do when mine gets here. All black Camaro means I need to get as dark tint on it as possible.
I was going to go darker, but at the last second changed my mind. I went down to the lowest transmission allowed in Alabama (32%). This is the first vehicle I have tinted "legal". With the black leather it looks like it is a lot darker than it really is. Looks almost as dark as 15%
post #5 of 45 Old 08-22-2009, 09:40 PM

Nice! I'm next haha. My friend too is a window tinter. He has yet to fit me in. We have been tinting cars for years together. It's nice to see somebody else that takes the interiors out like we have been doing since 1986!
I take the cars apart, he tints them. What brand of tint? Also how did you defeat window indexing, pull the fuse while doors are open to keep windows down slightly?
Thanks,
Randy

2010 Rally Yellow 2SS M6 with Black rally stripes
post #6 of 45 Old 08-22-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaSS View Post
I was going to go darker, but at the last second changed my mind. I went down to the lowest transmission allowed in Alabama (32%). This is the first vehicle I have tinted "legal". With the black leather it looks like it is a lot darker than it really is. Looks almost as dark as 15%

Yeah I really like the way it looks, I just need to find a good window tinter here in Houston / Waco and I'll be good to go.
post #7 of 45 Old 08-22-2009, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 2SS View Post
Nice! I'm next haha. My friend too is a window tinter. He has yet to fit me in. We have been tinting cars for years together. It's nice to see somebody else that takes the interiors out like we have been doing since 1986!
I take the cars apart, he tints them. I also like the cutout for the third brakelight, most guys just tint over it. Kinda defeats the purpose of a high mount brake light. What brand of tint? Also how did you defeat window indexing, pull the fuse while door are open to keep windows down slightly?
Thanks,
Randy
Llumar ATR35 Charcoal. To defeat the indexing, just stick the bar of a screwdriver into the door latch. This will make the door think it is closed and the window will go back up. Then when you are done tinting just pull the door handle. Once you do this just remember not to shut the door or the glass may break since it is all the way up.
post #8 of 45 Old 08-22-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaSS View Post
Llumar ATR35 Charcoal. To defeat the indexing, just stick the bar of a screwdriver into the door latch. This will make the door think it is closed and the window will go back up. Then when you are done tinting just pull the door handle. Once you do this just remember not to shut the door or the glass may break since it is all the way up.
Thanks. Llumar is the film we have been using for a couple of years now.
3M always seems to bubble or turn purple (even with the best stuff).
Llumar just gets a little lighter after a while.

2010 Rally Yellow 2SS M6 with Black rally stripes
post #9 of 45 Old 08-22-2009, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow 2SS View Post
Thanks. Llumar is the film we have been using for a couple of years now.
3M always seems to bubble or turn purple (even with the best stuff).
Llumar just gets a little lighter after a while.
Llumar ATR has a lifetime warranty against fading as well as bubbling and peeling. I had the same film on one of my vehicles for 6 yrs and did not notice any fading. Luckily, if something goes wrong, my tinter will make it right and redo.
post #10 of 45 Old 08-23-2009, 12:35 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

That looks great!

4 more days until the new tint law in Illinois.
Then 35% all around for me.
(I would prefer darker, but would like to stay legal)

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page