Still need to improve quality - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 08-23-2009, 10:11 PM Thread Starter

Still need to improve quality

Owned my 2SS 6 speed for about 8 weeks now. GM has improved fit and finish but they still have a long way to go. Too many minor problems with inferior quality parts.Love the way it drives and looks, Lets hope they continue to improve build quality.Examples of my problems are defective trunk opening actuator,Camaro sticker peeling off my door sil,small piece of body panel lifting off the car.The interior plastic they use is still crap. We need to show the foreign car companies we can build better cars than them. Go American!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 08-23-2009, 10:44 PM

While I don't own the new Camaro yet, I can agree with you that the American automakers should focus more on the quality aspect of their product lines. I do agree that the interiors of most domestic brands leave a lot to be deired when it comes to the interior plastic. If Hyundai can put good plastic in their cars, and Nissan can put a nice interior in the 370Z; then GM should be able to do better in the Camaro. Maybe GM needs to add an interior upgrade option like they have with the Corvette (4LT or 3ZR in the Z06 & ZR1). An extra grand or so to get a "tailored" interior. Someone will buy it. I think it all boils down to quantity over quality when it comes to the domestic automakers.
post #3 of 38 Old 08-23-2009, 11:03 PM

No can do, have to keep paying grandpa's pension and health care.

I'm suprised the can build a car such as this and sell it so cheap.

post #4 of 38 Old 08-23-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
No can do, have to keep paying grandpa's pension and health care.

I'm suprised the can build a car such as this and sell it so cheap.
Yeah, gotta keep the retirees happy!

The Camaro is priced well at the moment. I would suspect that it will increase by 2012. That's just my guess.

I would like to see an interior upgrade package. I like the Black and Sienna 3ZR or 4LT package in the Corvette. Maybe something with suede inserts in the seats, headliner and door panels. I also have a love for carbon fiber, but I'm sure that's what the aftermarket is for. I look forward to modifying my interior to suit my tastes (sporty and purposeful).
post #5 of 38 Old 08-24-2009, 12:13 AM

You definitely want the aftermarket carbon fiber, if it came factory equipped it would probably be faux carbon fiber.
post #6 of 38 Old 08-24-2009, 07:03 PM

I had the problem with my trunk as well. It seems to have cleared up though. Has anyone else had problems with the electric seats? My drivers side is acting up. I am going to be calling the dealer tomorrow.

2LT/RS Black with CGM stripes
Vin#10833

Mustangs tastes like chicken
post #7 of 38 Old 08-24-2009, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfighter View Post
While I don't own the new Camaro yet, I can agree with you that the American automakers should focus more on the quality aspect of their product lines. I do agree that the interiors of most domestic brands leave a lot to be deired when it comes to the interior plastic. If Hyundai can put good plastic in their cars, and Nissan can put a nice interior in the 370Z; then GM should be able to do better in the Camaro. Maybe GM needs to add an interior upgrade option like they have with the Corvette (4LT or 3ZR in the Z06 & ZR1). An extra grand or so to get a "tailored" interior. Someone will buy it. I think it all boils down to quantity over quality when it comes to the domestic automakers.
I agree with you. There should be the option of an interior upgrade. I know I would have taken that option.They are doing it with the Corvette.Why not the Camaro?
post #8 of 38 Old 08-24-2009, 08:32 PM

That's GM for you! What can I say. It's possible they may offer it down the road. Let's hope and pray.
post #9 of 38 Old 08-24-2009, 10:11 PM

I am happy with my Camaro and the quality. No problems to report.
post #10 of 38 Old 08-24-2009, 10:42 PM
Veteran Member

1. It is a first year car. You knew the risks buying a first year car so any little problems that the car might have, you shouldn't be complaining about. You should of waited a year or two if you wanted a car with a few less hiccups.

2. It addition to number 1, what do you think this car is, a high-end cadillac or Infiniti? It's a well-priced, well-built, tire killing macine. It's not some cruiser land boat to act all high and mighty in, it's not a luxury car so stop trying to make it one.

3. Why do people constantly complain about interior plastics? Do you touch the plastics constantly? Do they burn your skin or eyes? Does it kill you to know that they are not the best plastics available? These "Crappy" plastics are why you can have 425hp for $30,000 or 305hp for $20,000. You guys expect so much, without paying for it... the typical American way.

4. Be happy GM can build a car like this during these times. Be happy you don't drive a prius. It's people like you that got the Camaro killed the first time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page