Update to 8/27 Constraints (More Detail)! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 08-27-2009, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Update to 8/27 Constraints (More Detail)!

This was posted on another site...
------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't know if you got your SS But its going to get harder."
------------------------------------------------------------
To Chevrolet Dealers:

At the end of this month, a number of new product features and changes will occur on the 2010 Chevy Camaro. Outlined below are the changes and their impact.

Product Change #1 - Rear Park Assist:
Introduction of Rear Park Assist (RPO: UD7) as a standard feature on 2LT (1EH37) and 2SS (1ET37) models, as well as an addition to the Convenience and Connectivity Package (RPO: SRJ) for the 1LT model effective with production the week of Monday, August 31, 2009.

Impact:
• The base model price of the 2LT, 2SS and the option package price of the Convenience and Connectivity Package will increase by $295 MSRP.
• STOCK orders scheduled to be produced the week of August 31, 2009, will have Rear Park Assist automatically added to orders and their prices adjusted accordingly.
• SOLD orders “in process” (Event 2000 or greater) will be produced without Rear Park Assist regardless of when the order is scheduled for production, and the MSRP will not reflect the $295 increase.
• Camaro SOLD orders “on hand” for 2LT and 2SS models, and 1LT models with option code SRJ, as of Thursday, August 27, will be placed in an “error pending” status requiring corrective action.

Action Required:
• Dealers will need to add RPO: R7C, to their SOLD orders “on hand” (at Event 1100) to correct the error pending status.
• By adding R7C, the dealer acknowledges the addition of Rear Park Assist and the corresponding $295 MSRP model or package price increase.
• If the dealer does not add R7C, the order will remain error pending and will not be eligible for placement in subsequent Dealer Order Submission Cycles.

Product Change #2 - Rally Stripes:
All Rally Stripes will be installed in Oshawa effective with production the week of August 24, 2009.

Impact:
• The current Rally Stripes that are offered as LPO - Dealer Installed Accessories will be discontinued as of Monday, August 24, 2009, and replaced by Oshawa installed Rally Stripes.

Black Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VZG
New RPO: C3O

Silver Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VZF
New RPO: C2U

Orange Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VYO
New RPO: C2T

Cyber Gray Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VYY
New and Current RPO: B7W

White Rally Stripes
Discontinued LPO: VYZ
New and Current RPO: B7X

• The Cyber Gray and White Rally Stripes will retain their current RPO code, but will expand so that the RPO is available on all Camaro models (currently, the stripes are limited to 2LT and 2SS models only).
• All orders currently scheduled to be produced the week of August 24, 2009, will have their respective LPO Rally Stripes code removed, and the new RPO Rally Stripes code added. These units will have the Rally Stripes installed at Oshawa prior to shipping to the dealer after August 24, 2009.
• The new factory installed Rally Stripes will continue to be offered as “over-the-counter” accessories, in the event a customer desires the stripes after their vehicle is produced.
• The MSRP for these stripes will remain at $470.

Action Required:
• The new Rally Stripes RPO codes will be available for ordering in “Quick Spec” starting Saturday, August 29, 2009, and the normal Order Workbench Configurator starting Thursday, September 3, 2009.
• Dealers should continue to use the current Rally Stripes LPO codes until the new RPO codes are introduced. Orders with the current Rally Stripes LPO codes scheduled to be produced the week of Monday, August 24, 2009, will automatically be changed by Order Fulfillment to the new RPO codes.
• Dealers should start to utilize the new Rally Stripes RPO codes the week of Monday, August 31, 2009.

Product Change #3 - New LPOs
New LPO Accessories available the week of August 31, 2009.

Impact:
• Three new LPO Dealer Installed Accessories will be available for ordering the week of August 31, 2009.
o Vehicle Quarter Flares (LPO Code: VRV) - Available on all models, but not available with the LPO Ground Effect Kit (LPO Code: VDT).
o Satin Nickel Finish Fuel Door (LPO Code: VQL) - Available on all models.
o Cargo Mat (LPO Code: VLI) - Available on all models.
• These three, new LPOs join the long list of Camaro LPOs available, and allows customer to personalize their all new Camaro.

Action Required:
• Become familiar with these new LPOs, and begin to order them the week of August 31, 2009.
• These three new LPO codes will appear in Quick Spec on Saturday, August 29, 2009, and the normal Order Workbench Configurator on Thursday, September 3, 2009.

SS Model Constraint Starting This Week
In addition to these product enhancements, starting with this week’s Dealer Order Submission Cycle (the cycle that starts this Thursday, August 27, 2009), a production constraint will be in place for the Camaro SS models (codes 1ES37 and 1ET37). Depending on the upcoming production week, the constraint will vary between 40 - 60% of total Camaro production. The constraint is expected to be in place until the end of the model year run.

Impact:
• Dealers could potentially lose allocation if they do not maintain a variety of buildable Camaro LS, LT and SS orders “on hand” (Event 1100). A dealer who limits the bank to just SS (V8) models risks losing allocation during Pass 3 of the Dealer Order Submission Cycle due to the availability of buildable orders.

Action Required:
• Dealers should ensure there is a variety of order for Camaro LS, LT (V6 equipped models) and SS (V8 equipped) models “on hand” (orders at Event 1100) in their order banks.
• If dealer has SOLD orders for Camaro SS (V8) models “on hand” (Event 1100), these orders should be assigned the highest priority. This can be accomplished by changing the priority number of the highest desired order to “1″, and start sequentially assigning priority numbers from that point.
• If dealer has only STOCK Camaro orders “on hand”, dealer should still prioritize their Camaro SS models ahead of Camaro LS, LT models orders. This can be accomplished by following the above directions.

On behalf of the Camaro Launch Team, thank you again for all your work in making the Camaro’s return to the marketplace a homerun. If you did not catch the news, Camaro was again the number one brand in the Regular Sports Coupe market, out selling Mustang by 400 units in July, and vaulting us into second place on a calendar year to date basis in just five months.

Sincerely

Chevrolet Camaro Marketing Team

2010 RY 2SS 6M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 08-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Veteran Member

Now we're just deleting replies?

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #3 of 28 Old 08-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Veteran Member

I think it was a thread delete and a repost. Look at the OP post time. I commented after you did while I was still at work before 7:15 PST. I came home to check the thread and was like WTF? Maybe I am crazy!

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!

post #4 of 28 Old 08-27-2009, 11:53 PM

REAR PARKING ASSIST?!

I'm sooooo glad I have my car already. How about you just learn how to drive? Just a suggestion. OR make it optional. *shakes head*

<3 Mine:2LT IOM CGM rally stripes sunroof <3
post #5 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 05:20 AM

The thread was taken down for a quick review because of the content and then it got restored.

The OP was PM'd that it would be if the content was considered to be ok.
post #6 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 05:20 AM

Well, threads disappearing again....hmmmmm, I guess opinions are not wanted if they are not praising all that is Camaro!!! sounds like a homeowners assoc. all the sudden!!

BYE BYE
post #7 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 06:52 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
I made reference that this is word for word content from an internal GM communication to its dealers. Those communications are meant to be for dealers and not reposted or distributed to the public. Obviously, a dealer posted it, it got copied to another site, and now it made its way here.

Now, a brief summary is another story.

I don't make the rules, I follow them.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #8 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

I'm all about leaked information and freedom of the press! Of course Dealers aren't going to be happy with the release of this information, because now people with SS's on order or those thinking of ordering may cancell or as someone put it in a comment in the first thread I posted that got deleted "a lot of people are going to be seriously looking at the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger now".

I myself am sticking with my order with Eric Hall at Classic in Grapevine. I know he'll take care of me.

2010 RY 2SS 6M
post #9 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 07:32 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
I'm all about leaked information and freedom of the press! Of course Dealers aren't going to be happy with the release of this information, because now people with SS's on order or those thinking of ordering may cancell or as someone put it in a comment in the first thread I posted that got deleted "a lot of people are going to be seriously looking at the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger now".

I myself am sticking with my order with Eric Hall at Classic in Grapevine. I know he'll take care of me.
Dealers don't care less, it is GM owned information, and there are penalties for posting word for word... If dealers cared, it wouldn't have got on the internet. The last time it happened, the party at a dealership posting info was out of a job hours later.

Even Eric knows better - but some do not.

As far as buying a mustang or challenger, I hear that cop out excuse all the time. Mustang has an awesome system called FAILSAFE MODE... it really is enjoyable to own when your car pops into it. Challenger? Gas hog slug...It should have been called the Chrysler Challenger - because it weighs as much as my Dads old 1972 Chrysler Imperial. To each his own, I was never one for second best though -

YAHOO IM:
post #10 of 28 Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
As an FYI, I posted the constraint earlier in the day:

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=16941

YAHOO IM:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page