Steering Wheel alignment ever so slightly off from factory...anyone else?? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 08-28-2009, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
DCJ

Garage
Steering Wheel alignment ever so slightly off from factory...anyone else??

My Steering wheel on my 2SS RS came straight from the factory slightly off centered to the right just a bit (only had 4 miles on it when I picked it up). I took it back to the dealership to have them adjust this and now it is ever so slightly cocked to the left. Overall the alignment is fine as it does not pull at all. Has anyone encountered this and other than bothering me, would this cause any harm to the tires in relation to more wear to one side or the other (toe rod)? I hate to take it back for a second time to my dealership for this and now wonder if they can even get it right or if I should even both being very subtle. Is this something that anyone else has encountered or would this bother anyone else out there? Thanks for any feedback or advice if you have had this or are in my situation.

Thanks!!

2011 2SS RS SIM

Last edited by DCJ; 08-28-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 09:38 AM

just they didn't do a good job on the alignment..
they suppose to make sure steering wheel is absolutely straight when they do alignment

On Order 2010 Camaro SS RS Cyber Grey w/ Balck Stripes
2004 Dodge SRT-4 (455wHP 450wTQ)
post #3 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 12:29 PM

I noticed my steering wheel was off centered and the alignment was out, too. Took back to dealer and they did a full alignment at no charge. Said it was warranty work. Car tracks straight as an arrow.

post #4 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCJ View Post
My Steering wheel on my 2SS RS came straight from the factory slightly off centered to the right just a bit (only had 4 miles on it when I picked it up). I took it back to the dealership to have them adjust this and now it is ever so slightly cocked to the left. Overall the alignment is fine as it does not pull at all. Has anyone encountered this and other than bothering me, would this cause any harm to the tires in relation to more wear to one side or the other (toe rod)? I hate to take it back for a second time to my dealership for this and now wonder if they can even get it right or if I should even both being very subtle. Is this something that anyone else has encountered or would this bother anyone else out there? Thanks for any feedback or advice if you have had this or are in my situation.

Thanks!!
My alignment was/is great... good enough to drive without my hands on the steering wheel (just kidding about the hands-free driving ). I guess I'm fortunate.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #5 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
DCJ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3ssdav View Post
I noticed my steering wheel was off centered and the alignment was out, too. Took back to dealer and they did a full alignment at no charge. Said it was warranty work. Car tracks straight as an arrow.
Same here...they did not charge me but now mine is just slightly off to the left as opposed to be slightly off to the right staight from the factory. It does not pull but still being off a bit bothers me so I will probably take it back until they get it right and of course it will still be a warranty no charge. May wait until my first oil change. I have already called them and informed them it was still off a bit. Stuff like this, I wish I could do myself so there would be no doubt that it is 100% correct and centered...lol

2011 2SS RS SIM
post #6 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
When you take it back tell them to look at it with their good eye

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #7 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 07:11 PM

that was his good eye

On Order 2010 Camaro SS RS Cyber Grey w/ Balck Stripes
2004 Dodge SRT-4 (455wHP 450wTQ)
post #8 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Veteran Member

Garage

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #9 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

Remember most roads are Crowned for drainage of water...That might make the wheel off some

'Winning'
post #10 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 10:56 PM

Mine was off just enough to be an annoyance. Took it back to dealers and they did another alignment like the gentleman above; it's not perfect but it's better. Tracking was never an issue- strictly cosmetic.

RJT 2SS/RS roared to life March 16th, 2009
VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074
ARRIVED 5/13 day 58 Safely at home-> 5/19

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page