Need to Update Camaro order. Help! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 08-29-2009, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Need to Update Camaro order. Help!

ALRIGHT

Well I orderd a 1LT camaro in aqua blue, but after much though I really wanted to add the RS package. My build date is not till Sept 14. So I thought it would be ok to still update it. My dealer first said yeah we can still add the RS. Then he called back the next day and said it is too late. Is this really true? I am status 3000 and it is not being built till the week of Sept 14. Please let me know for sure. I thought I heard of people updating their orders a few weeks before the build date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-29-2009, 05:31 PM

3000 is past the point changes can be made. Once you go past 1100 your dealer should confirm all options at that time and that is what is in the system.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-29-2009, 11:02 PM

Untrue, push the issue. Have your dealer call their factory rep. They don't want to but they CAN change it until it's at 3300. They will have to go out in the plant and manually pull your car build sheets out of the sequence (and won't be happy about it). However, it CAN be done, and should be, so you can have the car you want. Note that it will push you back to the beginning of the line, but I would, to get what I really want. My .02

RJT 2SS/RS roared to life March 16th, 2009
VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074
ARRIVED 5/13 day 58 Safely at home-> 5/19

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater

Last edited by trm0002; 08-29-2009 at 11:05 PM.

post #4 of 4 Old 08-30-2009, 12:00 AM

I'd really push it. You'll love the RS package. At 3000 you can still change your order. I added the RS package after the initial order. Good Luck, keep us posted how it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page