Where is the advertising ?? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Where is the advertising ??

I am frustrated by the lack of advertising for the Camaro. There is no realy Camaro commercial and if there is I havent seen it. Whats the deal ? My dealer said there has been a drop off lately which I guess is to be expected I just hope they start advertising for the car. Is it becuase of the govmnt involvement ? Is it a lack of funds ? Or os it a perception thing ? Will they start once more cars are available ? I dont know I do however want to see Camaros all over the place on billboards tv ads and in magazines. I am however obsessed with the car and I am wondering if its normal that I have gone to see my car every day since she arrived. The cars mpg and features for the price are very impressive so lets let the world know. why not ?

When we pulled up to the dealership and my son saw the car he freaked out screaming car over and over again. He has been playing with die cast camaros since he was able to play with toys. The reaction isnt too different than mine when I first saw the car, he is only 20 months old.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
I am frustrated by the lack of advertising for the Camaro. There is no realy Camaro commercial and if there is I havent seen it. Whats the deal ? My dealer said there has been a drop off lately which I guess is to be expected I just hope they start advertising for the car. Is it becuase of the govmnt involvement ? Is it a lack of funds ? Or os it a perception thing ? Will they start once more cars are available ? I dont know I do however want to see Camaros all over the place on billboards tv ads and in magazines. I am however obsessed with the car and I am wondering if its normal that I have gone to see my car every day since she arrived. The cars mpg and features for the price are very impressive so lets let the world know. why not ?

When we pulled up to the dealership and my son saw the car he freaked out screaming car over and over again. He has been playing with die cast camaros since he was able to play with toys. The reaction isnt too different than mine when I first saw the car, he is only 20 months old.
Why would a company pay to advertise something that they can't build enough of? Sounds like they are doing the right thing

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #3 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 11:28 AM

I can't vouch for other areas, but in my local area the Camaro has advertised itself: because of mine and a couple of others driving around the local dealerships are selling Camaros as fast as they come off the truck--literally.

post #4 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Advertising is on us. Everytime we drive our Camaro we advertise. Our pay was paying MSRP only. No better advertising then word of mouth and we have been doing a great job of advertising imo...

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #5 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 11:56 AM

We are the current advertising. I have not seen a car on any lot here in Houston. Maybe bad timing but they are selling them as fast as they come off the truck. I saw a yellow V6 sit at Munday Chevrolet for a week. Only car I have seen last that long. No need to spend money on something that they can not keep production up with demand.
Now what are they going to do now that the dealers can't order all the V8's they need because they have to order so many V6's to get allocation on the V8.
post #6 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
Why would a company pay to advertise something that they can't build enough of? Sounds like they are doing the right thing
Id like to see some commercials even still

I dont think it would be a waste of money at all

im hoping as the supply builds up they get a real tail kicking advertising campaign

im looking foward to my own advertising campaign stating tuesday

Last edited by mucker15; 08-30-2009 at 12:19 PM.
post #7 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

So do any of you think there will be an advertising campaign come next year ?

The current commercial the car is in would be a lot better if the car was a larger part of it IMO

post #8 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Veteran Member

There could be a good chance that advertising won't start until the 2011 model. It would be cool to see some ads but GM does not need to do that yet.

Current: 00 z28 M6 T-tops
Past: 74 Stingray Vette, 99 Silverado 2500, 01 SS A4 T-tops, 95 z28 A4 T-tops, 96 v6 A4 T-tops (project), 97 v6 A4
RIP: 95 z28 M6
post #9 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member

As others said...no reason to spend millions+++ to advertise something that they can't build enough of. You won't much until they are sitting on dealers lots, unsold.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #10 of 40 Old 08-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucker15 View Post
Id like to see some commercials even still

I dont think it would be a waste of money at all

im hoping as the supply builds up they get a real tail kicking advertising campaign

im looking foward to my own advertising campaign stating tuesday
Companies pay for advertising to get people to buy their products. When people are buying them faster than they can build them, advertising increases demand and makes people wait longer

GM didn't advertise their full size pickups for quite a few years, during that time the wait time for a special order was about 5-6 months

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page