Woman Abducted from Va. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Woman Abducted from Va.

I saw this on the news this morning on my local fox station in DC/VA.
The vehicle that was carjacked was a 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT.
Be careful out there at night, look around if something looks odd.

I hope this is in the right place to post. If not, leave it to read.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loca...on_at_gunpoint

Woman Abducted from Va.
Metro Station
Armed carjacking suspect still on the
loose
Updated: Tuesday, 01 Sep 2009, 11:33 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 01 Sep 2009, 9:39 PM EDT

By MYFOXDC STAFF/myfoxdc
LORTON, Va. - Police in Fairfax County are searching for a suspect who allegedly carjacked a woman in the parking lot of a Metro station on Tuesday night, forced her into the trunk, drover her around for an hour, and then dropped her off and fled.

Authorities say it happened just before 7 p.m. at the Franconia-Springfield Metro station parking garage. Police say the suspect abducted the woman at gunpoint, and forced her into the trunk of her 2010 Chevrolet Camaro. Then, he drove her around for about an hour before dropping her off.

Once free, police say the woman went to a home on Silverdale Road in Lorton, Virginia where she called 911. She was not injured.

Police saw the suspect driving as they approached the scene, and chased him. They say he wrecked his vehicle near Hooes Road and Furnace Road, and then fled on foot.

The suspect is still at large in the area of Lorifax Heights, near Hooes Road and Lorifax Drive. Police describe him as a black male who is about 5'9" and in his 20s. He was last seen wearing a tan t-shirt, and he was armed with a handgun.

Late Tuesday, Fairfax County Police were searching for the suspect using a helicopter and K-9 units. U.S. Park Police are also assisting in the aerial search. Residents were advised to lock their doors and windows and not open the door to strangers until the suspect is in custody.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member

I'd be so pissed if somebody totaled my camaro..

post #3 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 08:53 AM

aw man thats so beat!!

2011 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible Auto, CGM
2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT 3.6L Manual [Production #115] Black with cyber grey stripes (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3370622) Traded 12/10/11
August 2011 MotM
-"Team LLT" representative
South Jersey Camaro Club member

post #4 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member

Geez... What a loser. I just can not comprehend what would initiate someone to do something like this.

I wonder if she used the safety latch to get out.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #5 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

The guy was arrested late last night, the Camaro looks sick now that he ran messed it up good. He didn't have a care. I wish I could be on his jury. I would be GUILTY!!!!! Guilty for being Stupid.
post #6 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonm38 View Post
The guy was arrested late last night, the Camaro looks sick now that he ran messed it up good. He didn't have a care. I wish I could be on his jury. I would be GUILTY!!!!! Guilty for being Stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedcorvette View Post
I'd be so pissed if somebody totaled my camaro..
Let's not lose sight of what is important.

The woman (and owner) of the camaro is safe. Sure this idiot is a tool, but that is why we all have insurance. I would be more pissed at the idiot that damages my car and does not leave a note, or has insurance.

IBM RS/SS: Vortech V3 (7.5lbs/boost) Trinity/Dyno Tune/Texas Speed LT w/Magnaflow Comp MGW Shifter/Tint/Heritage Grill/AVIC Z120 Orion Sub & Amp/Bravado Wheels (20 x9.5/11) Just fast enough ... for now!
post #7 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 10:16 AM

How in the world did he ever get her to fit in the trunk? I'd understand if it was a Challenger...but **** a Camaro trunk?

2010 RY 2SS 6M
post #8 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
How in the world did he ever get her to fit in the trunk? I'd understand if it was a Challenger...but **** a Camaro trunk?
Video of Number3 floating around putting two full sets of golf clubs in the trunk- hell, I could fit there.

Now, why didn't she just pull the trunk release cord when he stopped at some light or stop sign and jump out?

RJT 2SS/RS roared to life March 16th, 2009
VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074
ARRIVED 5/13 day 58 Safely at home-> 5/19

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater
post #9 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
Now, why didn't she just pull the trunk release cord when he stopped at some light or stop sign and jump out?

She probably didn't even know it was there. I think they are even made out of glow-in-the-dark plastic nowadays...

2010 RY 2SS 6M
post #10 of 15 Old 09-02-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
It's a high probability that in her state of panic that she didn't even think of it. Fear can be an imobilizing factor, especially for people that go through each day with a "without care in the world" attitude. In my profession we would call this "going into condition black" or total panic. The mind is overloaded with panic and shuts down. That's why I always say, "Stay alert; stay alive!"

Like someone else stated, the woman is okay! The Camaro can be repaired, or replaced. A human life would have been a terrible thing to lose. The suspect deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page