Visibility and room - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Visibility and room

Well I am getting my Camaro in a week probably. I am so excited! But I am just a little nervous honestly. I had a 99 Camaro for 4 years before and then a Mazda 3. I keep hearing reviews saying if you are over 6 ft there is no room for you and it is uncomfortable. With that being said I am 6'2. Any of you over 6 feet tall have enough room and feel comfortable driving your Camaro? Also another common problem I am expecting is of course the visibility. I know it is real bad, I test drove it. But are any of you getting use to it now? OR do you have any tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member

Don't worry...you'll be fine. I'm 6'3...I don't even need to put the seat all the way back. Plenty of leg and head room. There's a little less headroom w/ the sunroof if you ordered one. I really don't understand those reviews that say it's not for tall people. I have more headroom in the Camaro than I do in my Trailblazer.

The visibility at first is a little weird...you need to get used to it. After a few days, it was no longer an issue. I've had mine for a little over a month and I'm VERY comfortable with the car.

One thing I did do...I HATE the fact that the onstar mirror is HUGE...might just be an issue for us tall peeps, but it feels like the mirror takes up half the windshield (and in the mirror, you see just as much back-seat & headliner as you do rear window). I flipped mine around (so the onstar buttons are on top)...it opens up some more visibility and it's hardly noticeable that the buttons are upside-down. Would love to find a smaller mirror.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 09-09-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goduke10 View Post
Well I am getting my Camaro in a week probably. I am so excited! But I am just a little nervous honestly. I had a 99 Camaro for 4 years before and then a Mazda 3. I keep hearing reviews saying if you are over 6 ft there is no room for you and it is uncomfortable. With that being said I am 6'2. Any of you over 6 feet tall have enough room and feel comfortable driving your Camaro? Also another common problem I am expecting is of course the visibility. I know it is real bad, I test drove it. But are any of you getting use to it now? OR do you have any tips?
Honestly the visibility wasnt really that bad Im used to it now. Im short but wide and im comfortable

Old 09-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Veteran Member

I'm 6'2 and I don't have a problem. My head is close, but not to the point where it's retarded. I put my seat back all the way, but that's just personal preference. I had 4 people riding with me the other day and I put the seat up enough for the person behind me to be comfortable and I could drive just fine.

If I have time to take pics I'll post some for you.

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
Old 09-09-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
I flipped mine around (so the onstar buttons are on top)...it opens up some more visibility and it's hardly noticeable that the buttons are upside-down.
You magnificent bastard.

I'm running out to the garage right now.

I moved mine a bit a few weeks ago and accidentally hit the Onstar emergency button.

You gotta see Jack.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth Camaro View Post
You magnificent bastard.

I'm running out to the garage right now.

I moved mine a bit a few weeks ago and accidentally hit the Onstar emergency button.

to be able to do it, you have to remove the cover that goes over the wiring and slide the connector off the clip that holds it onto the windshield. And while you're at it, you can wire your radar detector (if you have one) into that wiring harness.

I'll post pix later if you'd like.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
to be able to do it, you have to remove the cover that goes over the wiring and slide the connector off the clip that holds it onto the windshield. And while you're at it, you can wire your radar detector (if you have one) into that wiring harness.

I'll post pix later if you'd like.
Yep. It was a tad trickier than I realized it was going to be, but got it reversed. Much better, thanks.

You gotta see Jack.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member

If you're worried a bit about the drivers view past the C (or is it B in these??) pillar, do what I did and get a small convex mirror and plop it onto the lower right hand corner of your drivers side mirror, problem solved. Wtih that mirror, i can see down the drivers side of the car and into the lane to my left. I've always used these mirrors to solve that problem because it is quick, easy, and never detracts from the look of the car..... spend $4 and see if it helps you when your car comes in.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in