Road Trip & Moderncamaro Members - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 Old 09-09-2009, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Wink Road Trip & Moderncamaro Members

I am planning on going back to Ill, WI & MI (upper and lower) to see some family as soon as work will allow. Hopefully this can happen in the next couple of weeks, I haven't had a vacation in a few years and now that I have finally received my Camaro I want to go before the weather gets chilly. Depending on how much time I can actually get away (shooting for 2wks to a month) depends on wether I can take the western route from Chicago to Eureka, if I do not get enough time, it will just be around lake Michigan and back to Arizona. The map is a little off, I will actually be going from Menominee, MI over the Mackinaw bridge to get to South Haven, MI. Here is a google map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,39.331055&z=5

So, with all logistics aside, I was thinking of trying to stop and take pics with Moderncamaro menbers along the way. I know this will be a hit-and-miss thing if it happens at all, and I do not even have a date I will be leaving yet, but it would still be very cool to meet fellow menbers and post some pics after the whole trip. I will fill in more details as the trip gets closer. If anyone lives in any of the towns/cities along the route and knows of a hotel with secure parking let me know, I will sleep easier when passing through. Thanks!!

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 Old 09-09-2009, 01:42 PM

looks like you would be going right by Camaro Scotty /Newmans Chevrolet in Cedarburg, WI. You will also be going pretty close by me. I am new to the forum, but it would be kinda fun to have people in the area meet. I don't know anyone else with a new Camaro.

Lisa
post #3 of 84 Old 09-09-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
looks like you would be going right by Camaro Scotty /Newmans Chevrolet in Cedarburg, WI. You will also be going pretty close by me. I am new to the forum, but it would be kinda fun to have people in the area meet. I don't know anyone else with a new Camaro.

Lisa
Yeah, I was thinking of stopping by Newman to see Scotty, I will be headin up the 43, even thinking of taking the old 41 way up just because I havent been on it since I was little & the 43 didn't exist. Who knows, I will post more to this string as I get closer to the vacation & try to set up meets!

post #4 of 84 Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM
ZL1 @ MSRP

If you come near Grand Rapids you have to stop and see me at Sparta Chevrolet! We are only about 15 minutes North of Grand Rapids.

Let me know!

Anna Bearinger
Sparta Chevrolet
616-887-1791
[email protected]

PROUD NAVY MOM
post #5 of 84 Old 09-17-2009, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Well, I finally have my dates set, I will be leaving Arizona on Wednesday 9-23-09 or Thursday 9-24-09 at the latest.
I will be in the Chicago area for the weekend, then going down to Wataga & Knoxville Ill for a few days (not on the map link above).
Back to Chicago by the 29th, up to South Haven MI for a few days, then up and over the bridge to Upper MI for the weekend of 10-3-09.
Cruse through WI and hit Chicago one more time before I head west to Eureka, CA for the weekend of 10-10-09, back in AZ by the 14th.
I am going to try to update the web site www.cheers*****.com (hit the camaro button for pics) with pics from the trip while I am on the road, depending on where I can get internet service. If you are along the route and want to meet up, just post it here. I will update this post as I drive through the country.

Last edited by cigam21; 09-17-2009 at 11:01 AM.
post #6 of 84 Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

You'll be in my neck of the woods, I'm not very far from you're route at all.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #7 of 84 Old 09-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member

If your heading to south haven then u will pass bye me too in Kent City id be up for a Ride in the Camaro haha

'Winning'
post #8 of 84 Old 09-17-2009, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

For people in ILL, MI, & WI I will post when I get in the Chicago area, I am so itchin for a GOOD pizza, dog & gyro. Anyone along the way up let me know, although most of NM will be at night, figure on leaving @ sundown well rested and try to get to Tulsa or OK City before I crash (hopefully not literal). My record is 28 hrs from Chicago to Phoenix, in my '87 RS, not trying to break it either, last time I made that much time the Texans sent the planes out.

post #9 of 84 Old 09-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigam21 View Post
For people in ILL, MI, & WI I will post when I get in the Chicago area, I am so itchin for a GOOD pizza, dog & gyro. Anyone along the way up let me know, although most of NM will be at night, figure on leaving @ sundown well rested and try to get to Tulsa or OK City before I crash (hopefully not literal). My record is 28 hrs from Chicago to Phoenix, in my '87 RS, not trying to break it either, last time I made that much time the Texans sent the planes out.
jets pizza in michigan is the best IMO

'Winning'
post #10 of 84 Old 09-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Supporter of common sense

Sounds like a great trip, if you end up near Detroit, give me a shout

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page