145 mph - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Cool 145 mph

Seriously, @ 12:45 am this morning I was getting on th freeway, no one around, got the 1500 mile break in, and I nailed it. Got up to 145 mph in 5th before I wussed out. Now I have heard that this car has a govener @ 130 from comments on this site, but that either has to be BS or they are talking about another model, no *****, the car was rollin @ 145 then I shifted into 6th and it actually slowed down. Not like I was red @ 145 in 5th but like I said I wussed out, thinkin there was a cop some where ithchin for me. Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong. This car is going to kill me, but I am gonna die with a ***** eating grinn on my face!!

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 03:36 AM

Lucky car =) Good for you!!

<3 Mine:2LT IOM CGM rally stripes sunroof <3
post #3 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 05:47 AM
Capt Bob-Supporting Membr

Garage
Good to know about the speed limiter. Glad to hear you had a fun run.

Lionel Trains- "A lifetime of Happiness"

New to computers and forums, but a Camaro and Firebird enthusiast/owner for 30 years.

68 RS/SS 4spd A/C Convert-USA FUN, Owned since 1978.
92 Z28 25th Anniversary 350-RSKY BZ,
91 Z28 Convertible-OPENZ (gone but not forgotten)
02 Blackbird WS-6 Convertible- SR-71
<<<< Yes, click- View My FQuick Garage

Last edited by 68 RS/SS Ragtop; 09-11-2009 at 07:37 AM.

post #4 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 06:30 AM

Cool!! I was hopeing there wasn't a govener. Be carefull.

Vinnie
10 2SS/RS Black/Grey M6 635rwhp/595rwtq
08 GMC Quad cab Duramax [email protected] Daily Driver
68 Camaro 496BB Pro-Touring A4 [email protected]
post #5 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 06:45 AM

It governs at 155.

2SS RS M6 Rally Yellow Black Hockies
post #6 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 06:51 AM

Lucky You, Have fun, but be careful cops are out there, if you get caught, they might impound the car and take the titile as part of the punishment for speeding. I have heard of this in Florida when I lived there, but don't live there anymore. Each state has their rules about impounds
But have fun, be safe, and be careful.
post #7 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member

Nice. I'm scared to go over 100 with my "trap"
post #8 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 07:54 AM

Good for you.....be careful.

I've never gone that fast.(except in an airplane )...but then again, I've never had a muscle car or a car capable of handling those types of speeds....I only have a muscle 79 Jeep with a 360 in it which is all torque and very dangerous with a short wheel base (it don't go over 65mph...lol).

post #9 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 07:57 AM

That's amazing! Cavette is correct. The Camaro is electronically limited at 155 mph. I am happy that you safely reached 145, according to your speedometer. I'm not gonna give you the "riot act" on driving too fast on public roads. That would be very hypocritical of me to do so. I'll give you a pass. I am just happy that you were lucky to experience it safely.

I just would hate to think of what could've went wrong. Here's a thought to ponder. Here in Wisconsin, if caught, you would've been arrested for wreckless driving; and would've spent some time in jail until you went to court. Hopefully, later the same day; but your "paperwork" could've gotten misplaced, thus delaying that appearance a while. Now here's the part that concerns me, your Camaro would've been towed by a tow service. Your pride and joy, handled and violated by some total stranger. Then it's going to sit in some dusty, dirty tow yard until you get out to retrieve it. After paying for your ticket/bail, tow fee, and storage fees.

I'd say you were lucky! Next time, might be cheaper to take it to the track. Plus you'll enjoy it more because you'll have more peace of mind!

Last edited by Lightfighter; 09-11-2009 at 07:59 AM.
post #10 of 30 Old 09-11-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfighter View Post
Here in Wisconsin, if caught, you would've been arrested for wreckless driving; and would've spent some time in jail until you went to court. Hopefully, later the same day; but your "paperwork" could've gotten misplaced, thus delaying that appearance a while. Now here's the part that concerns me, your Camaro would've been towed by a tow service. Your pride and joy, handled and violated by some total stranger. Then it's going to sit in some dusty, dirty tow yard until you get out to retrieve it. After paying for your ticket/bail, tow fee, and storage fees.
Good to know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page