What else can go wrong?? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation What else can go wrong??

I placed my "first" order in my local Chevy dealer back in June, small Town; back them I didn't know how the alocations system work. Once I found out that I wasn't getting my Camaro 'till December, I decided to order from Classic Chevrolet in Sugar Land, Tx. (no allocations at Grapevine @ the time) They told the wait was around 6 to 8 weeks, so I send the deposit an order from them. 5 weeks later my car still stock in 1100 an my dealer is telling me that GM put a hold making SS with automatic transmission, in addition to this "CAFE" constraints taking effect now in September. __________________

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member

Well, I don't know what else could go wrong. Probably plenty of things. GM put the brakes on SS orders, so we're right there with you. Luckily we were right at the cusp of being picked up anyway. We ordered in May, and it appears it'll be about 6 months from order to the time we see it. So I appreciate the wait the pre-order folks had to endure. I only waited 3 months for my 02 Camaro to arrive. Hang on...we went nearly 7 years without a new Camaro, what's a few months? (I know, that doesn't really help)

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

You are at the mercy of GM. Not much you can do about it.

I do wish you luck though.

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?

post #4 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 03:31 PM

i waited sence march 28 gm corp"rat" telling me it was all good .my dealer lost its franchise and i new better but i waited like a good boy untill gm called me 2 weeks ago telling me so sad to bad reorder 3 to 5 months #### well my dealer gave me 14 dealers in the us that had my car on the lot. the 3rd call (first two gone in a day)i found one that had just came in and at msrp my wife is flying to go get it sat THANK YOU FAGAN CHEVROLET .2ss jwt 6 speed polished 20' wheels. now was that so hard "YES"

Last edited by mattworx; 09-11-2009 at 03:34 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 03:43 PM

ordered August, VIN today

I put an order in August 5th (got on a wait list in June or July) and got a VIN today for my 2ss. Some dealers aren't getting the allocation. But if there are that many around in the US, go get it or ship it here for a grand.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Well it sucks theyre holding it for now but it shouldnt be too long tho. U most likely will still have waited less than a lot of people on here. I know how u feel about the waiting part, my car was built and took 7 weeks just for delivery because it had to go thru the qc because of the trans. There is plenty more that can go wrong, and ur situation is frustrating but it will be worked out.

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #7 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 PM

if anyone wants there is a 2ss rs black ,ground efects ,engine cover, 6speed at msrp in mn at heartland 800-992-8839 nice place i think it was 37800. call
post #8 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

I guess I will have to wait, too far into to stop know. But all this waiting is killing me!!! ...Thank You'll to help me keep my sanity! I hope the wait for delivery will not be as bad, but I got the feeling that it's gonna be worse...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page