Modern Camaro Forums banner

Indy Centennial Camaros

7K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  patriotpa 
#1 · (Edited)
Did a search and didn't see anything about these. So being this is a 5th Gen news section thought I'd post up. Have been reluctant to do so due to all the negativity on other message boards i.e., hokey stripes, just a bunch of expensive stickers, etc. But the people who bought them and took delivery at the track sure seemed to like them!!!!!!!
Without further ado,,,,,,

2010 Centennial Edition Indy Camaro announced

A 2010 Centennial Edition Indy Camaro is now being offered for purchase. Only 24 of these special limited edition Camaros will be sold. This edition includes the following features and experience:

— Victory Red Exterior with Black Interior
— Indy Centennial 2SS Edition with RS Package and special striping
— V8 Automatic Transmission
— Includes Indianapolis Motor Speedway Delivery Experience on September 9, 2009
— GM Performance Part Performance Exhaust
— Camaro Door Sill Plates
— Camaro Car Cover

The purchase of this car will include a delivery experience at the famous Brickyard Race Track. Delivery will include a welcome reception, picture opportunity at the Yard of Bricks and a Centennial parade lap on the historic racetrack.

MSRP is listed at $39,366 and purchaser will need to complete all purchase and delivery arrangements with their dealer prior to September 9, 2009 (the date of the delivery experience).

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm not going to go as far to say it's a million times better than the TE for obvious reasons, but it's sort of a bland color combo though for something that probably would have been a bit better with a white/orange stripes. And the widening of that stripe to that extent in the back is a bit off-putting. But this is JMO. Still, with only 24, it'll make a nice instant collectible for someone instead of a flow-through option like the TE. Better than the pace/parade car motif, that's for sure. Even if I had the chance for one of these, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be more satisfied with yellow vs. red.

I'm more interested in what sort of "performance package" they're going to come up with next instead of just the sticker packages. I'm sure something is coming.

I've already done a few parade laps on the Indy track so it wouldn't have been that big of a deal to me really. But if you did it for the first time, it's pretty cool, so in this instance, delivery would be something to remember.

#11 ·
"but it's sort of a bland color combo though for something that probably would have been a bit better with a white/orange stripes."
:agree: Going with the Summit White with Inferno Orange Metallic rally stripes would've tied it in with the '69 Camaro Indy pace car, and would've been more visually appealing. :thumbsup: Hopefully they'll do it when the convertible comes out. :D

#6 · (Edited)
I edited the bold title, the 20 of 2010 got dropped off.

Also these do have the optional performance exhaust, but to me didn't seem a whole lot louder/more rumble.

Since the 2010 Camaro's styling pays tribute the Camaros of the past, the stripe package I believe was meant to pay tribute to a certain aftermarket tuner camaro of the past, a.k.a. the Yenko's.

They sold out pretty quickly, but it looks like at least one dealers son who we were told purchased one is turning it over, it's was on ebay, ended way under reserve/no sale. Lot's of good pictures in it though.

LINK

#8 · (Edited)
I suppose in a way the Tranformers editions could be deemed more desirable as they have an actual option code for it on the SPID. But on the other hand there will probabaly be many more than 24 of them made.
The Centennial cars, as were the 25 Indy 500 Festival Camaros (5 of which had the Indy logo replaced for the Allstate 400 logo) were just regular production cars that were "stickered up" so to speak.
It should be noted that the graphics company that created the graphics has the VIN's on record and will only sell sets to those that can prove ownership of one of the original cars. You could have them duplicated but it would be pretty darn expensive, especially to make only one ot two sets. GM also has the VIN's of these cars on record so it would be hard to pass off a "clone" as the real deal.

I think they're all cool!:thumbsup:

P.S. One of the former Indy 500 Festival cars that had the logo changed for the Brickyard has since had the door logo removed and just has the rest of the graphics, it was there for the Centennial delivery deal.

Attachments

#13 ·
You could have them duplicated but it would be pretty darn expensive, especially to make only one ot two sets. GM also has the VIN's of these cars on record so it would be hard to pass off a "clone" as the real deal.
Wouldn't there also be copyright issues in duplicating the Indy sticker artwork? but yes, it wouldn't be worth the time or trouble to make a clone even though it would be pretty easy to do.

#12 ·
Well they've already done a '69 tribute in the '96 brickyard pace/festival cars that were '97 30th anniversary cars.
Personally I like to see them do a white and blue tribute to the first and original '67 Indy pace cars since they've never done that. Of course I'm not exactly impartial!:D

BTW, I was pretty jazzed and honored when they had me park in the "Pace Car Garage" for the event.

Attachments

#17 ·
Replacing them isn't hard. Check with your dealer if you want OEM.
You could also have them painted on by any DECENT shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.