Indy Centennial Camaros - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

Indy Centennial Camaros

Did a search and didn't see anything about these. So being this is a 5th Gen news section thought I'd post up. Have been reluctant to do so due to all the negativity on other message boards i.e., hokey stripes, just a bunch of expensive stickers, etc. But the people who bought them and took delivery at the track sure seemed to like them!!!!!!!
Without further ado,,,,,,

2010 Centennial Edition Indy Camaro announced

A 2010 Centennial Edition Indy Camaro is now being offered for purchase. Only 24 of these special limited edition Camaros will be sold. This edition includes the following features and experience:

— Victory Red Exterior with Black Interior
— Indy Centennial 2SS Edition with RS Package and special striping
— V8 Automatic Transmission
— Includes Indianapolis Motor Speedway Delivery Experience on September 9, 2009
— GM Performance Part Performance Exhaust
— Camaro Door Sill Plates
— Camaro Car Cover

The purchase of this car will include a delivery experience at the famous Brickyard Race Track. Delivery will include a welcome reception, picture opportunity at the Yard of Bricks and a Centennial parade lap on the historic racetrack.

MSRP is listed at $39,366 and purchaser will need to complete all purchase and delivery arrangements with their dealer prior to September 9, 2009 (the date of the delivery experience).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cent03.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	3690   Click image for larger version

Name:	522109862_P9030009_web.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	3693   Click image for larger version

Name:	685104962_P9030013_web.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	3694   Click image for larger version

Name:	723109862_P9030010_web.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	3695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cent01.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	3696  

Name:	Cent02.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	3697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cent04.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	3698  

MLL

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 09-17-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Banned

A MILLION times better than the "Transformers" edition and it comes in the fastest color. Seriously, what a great deal for those 10 folks. A TRUE collector's piece.
post #3 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 07:16 AM

Now that's a collectible! Nicely put together package, and the fact that there are only 24 of them is way cool. One can probably replicate the car, but I think the whole "Indy" experience makes them truly special.

post #4 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member

I'm not going to go as far to say it's a million times better than the TE for obvious reasons, but it's sort of a bland color combo though for something that probably would have been a bit better with a white/orange stripes. And the widening of that stripe to that extent in the back is a bit off-putting. But this is JMO. Still, with only 24, it'll make a nice instant collectible for someone instead of a flow-through option like the TE. Better than the pace/parade car motif, that's for sure. Even if I had the chance for one of these, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be more satisfied with yellow vs. red.

I'm more interested in what sort of "performance package" they're going to come up with next instead of just the sticker packages. I'm sure something is coming.

I've already done a few parade laps on the Indy track so it wouldn't have been that big of a deal to me really. But if you did it for the first time, it's pretty cool, so in this instance, delivery would be something to remember.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #5 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Supporter of common sense

I like the look of the Transformers car personally, but lets keep it on track.

This centennial edition looks good, much better than the Pace Car. I'm not a fan of putting HP numbers on decals however.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #6 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

I edited the bold title, the 20 of 2010 got dropped off.

Also these do have the optional performance exhaust, but to me didn't seem a whole lot louder/more rumble.

Since the 2010 Camaro's styling pays tribute the Camaros of the past, the stripe package I believe was meant to pay tribute to a certain aftermarket tuner camaro of the past, a.k.a. the Yenko's.

They sold out pretty quickly, but it looks like at least one dealers son who we were told purchased one is turning it over, it's was on ebay, ended way under reserve/no sale. Lot's of good pictures in it though.

LINK

MLL

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 09-17-2009 at 08:43 AM.
post #7 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
I like the look of the Transformers car personally, but lets keep it on track.

This centennial edition looks good, much better than the Pace Car. I'm not a fan of putting HP numbers on decals however.
Keep what on track? Compairing two special editions is off track? WTF? I believe you need to lighten up a little.
post #8 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

I suppose in a way the Tranformers editions could be deemed more desirable as they have an actual option code for it on the SPID. But on the other hand there will probabaly be many more than 24 of them made.
The Centennial cars, as were the 25 Indy 500 Festival Camaros (5 of which had the Indy logo replaced for the Allstate 400 logo) were just regular production cars that were "stickered up" so to speak.
It should be noted that the graphics company that created the graphics has the VIN's on record and will only sell sets to those that can prove ownership of one of the original cars. You could have them duplicated but it would be pretty darn expensive, especially to make only one ot two sets. GM also has the VIN's of these cars on record so it would be hard to pass off a "clone" as the real deal.

I think they're all cool!

P.S. One of the former Indy 500 Festival cars that had the logo changed for the Brickyard has since had the door logo removed and just has the rest of the graphics, it was there for the Centennial delivery deal.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	578108972_web_P9090219.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	3699  

MLL

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 09-17-2009 at 11:31 AM.
post #9 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member

Only 24 is cool, but the color combo is boring and doesn't look good imo.
post #10 of 17 Old 09-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn View Post
Keep what on track? Compairing two special editions is off track? WTF? I believe you need to lighten up a little.
When will people stop taking forum posts so seriously...this was not directed at any one person.

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page