My Oil Change Story - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-22-2009, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

My Oil Change Story

Well last week I dropped my Camaro off for the first oil change, figured I had 2200 miles on it and wanted to get the original oil out, plus I felt my drivers side brake would smell hot after driving it, so they changed the oil and bled my brakes, they said there was air in the passenger side, they felt that it may be making the drivers work harder. So I picked it up Thursday, and said to my wife, we'll drop her '08 Buick Enclave off because the oil was at about 15%, and the back gate would leak in a hard rain, figured while I was there we'd leave it. So they called Friday, said they wanted to keep it over the weekend at the body shop for the leak, said no biggy,better excuse to drive the Maro anyway.Cell phone rings yesterday. Hi this is Travis at Weaver's,ok you got the Enclave done,well no not exactly,what do you mean, Well Rodney your Enclave was invlolved in a hit and run over the weekend,theres about $4,000 in damage to it So had to go pick it up, now I gotta get it fixed at our shop,not theres! So, needless to say, the wife isnt in the best of moods today, but, what you going to do, there insurance is going to cover it, they showed me the marks, whoever or whatever hit it, shifted it about a foot in the paking spot, they tapped it pretty good! So I told the guy, "You know I'm not happy, but if this had been my Camaro, I probably would have been like a wild man"

Rodney Updegrave
2011 Chrysler 300C, 1954 Cadillac Coupe De Ville,1949 Pontiac Woodie Wagon,1972 VW Beetle Roadster, 2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
www.fquick.com/rodster56

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-22-2009, 06:25 AM

**** bro, an 08? That's messed up. At least they were honest with you and explained everything up front.
post #3 of 8 Old 09-22-2009, 06:55 AM

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope it all works out for the best! Just make sure you keep good records and document everything! That's just in case things start to go sideways on you. You know how insurance companies can be. Good luck.

post #4 of 8 Old 09-22-2009, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfighter View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation. Hope it all works out for the best! Just make sure you keep good records and document everything! That's just in case things start to go sideways on you. You know how insurance companies can be. Good luck.
Well the good thing is if things go sour, I'll go through my own company and pay the deductable and just get reimbursed at a later time. My dad had 26 years in with the company and just retired so he knows everyone there yet, so I think it'll go smoothly. It wasnt the fact that it go hit, honestly thats not the biggy, but when I was following my Dad home last night in it, it looked like the drivers side control arm was just "flopping" up and down constantly at the littlest bounce, it got hit in the passengers side, It almost seems like it may have shifted something in the drivers side, dont know till they start looking. So the cosmetics dont bother me, but I want it drive right, it was an expensive vehicle,not that matters, but I just want it right, no more,no less.

Rodney Updegrave
2011 Chrysler 300C, 1954 Cadillac Coupe De Ville,1949 Pontiac Woodie Wagon,1972 VW Beetle Roadster, 2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
www.fquick.com/rodster56

post #5 of 8 Old 09-22-2009, 07:15 AM

I totally understand where you're coming from. Been there before, and it's been my experience that one has to be "involved" in the process because the insurance company is mainly concerned with the dollars and cents part of it. Their sales agents promise great things, but the claims adjusters look more to protecting the company's "purse strings". I am hopeful that it will work out good for you, as I am sure you'll insist on it being repaired correctly. I just believe in not leaving much to chance. Notes, photos, names & titles, phone numbers, etc. I would document everything from the beginning.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-22-2009, 07:57 AM

post #7 of 8 Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member

This is why i try to do everything myself if i can.

post #8 of 8 Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 AM

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfighter View Post
Yeah, you are right , support you. your suggestion is good. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page