warranty turned down because of my tints - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

warranty turned down because of my tints

so when my xm finally ran out i started using the FM lately its been cooler and more moist outside. i usually leave the house at the crack of dawn so my windows fog up and get wet so i turned on my rear defrost and my radio goes out this only happens with FM not AM or XM so i take it to dealer and they are saying the tinter might have messed up my wire strip on the rear window cant say for sure so now i have to get the tint taken off and if it was part of the tint job the shop saysthey wont pay for it because they know it was not their fault because they use special paper bla bla this n that so they said they re do it for 50$ take it off and re tint and then i gotta go to dealer and see if what the hell they want to charge me to fix the FM problem so angry

MORANORACING.COM all your 5th gen needs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Veteran Member

What?
post #3 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

dealer says tint shop messed up my strip on rear windshield they are used to defrost your window and as an antena. tint shop says they did perfect job not their fault wants to charge me again to strip the tint (at this ill go to dealer to get the strips fixed) then i have to come back and get the tint redone

post #4 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member

Wow, I removed the tint from my car no problem, and they had rear defrosters too.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

yeah idk what the hell to do on other camaro forum one guy said they need to replace whole rear window now idk what the f to do

post #6 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I would take it to another dealership and have them look at it. Your dealership is nuts

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #7 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

A different dealership is the way to go before spending any money on re-tinting. Think of it as a second opinion. I don't see how tinting could have done it since slicing the "grid" on the back window would also have cut off your XM reception as well. Let us know how it goes...

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #8 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Supporting Super Moderator

1st calm down
IMO, Don't spend any money on it. Take it to another dealer and get a second oppinion. If they fix it good. If not take it back to the tint shop and tell them the 2 dealers said they damaged your car and get them to do what the dealer told you to do. I would not pay anything to get it removed. They should do that free to prove it was not there fault if they are a good shop. If its the tint shops fault. They owe you for the repair and a refund. If its not due to the tint then the dealer owes you the repair. I know the dealer won't retint the glass thow. Also document everything and get recipts for every job that gets done to resolve the issue.

1998 Camaro A4 7.06 @ 96.5 MPH NA 1.47 best 60ft
2010 Camaro Tube Chassis work in progress
post #9 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonppr View Post
1st calm down
IMO, Don't spend any money on it. Take it to another dealer and get a second oppinion. If they fix it good. If not take it back to the tint shop and tell them the 2 dealers said they damaged your car and get them to do what the dealer told you to do. I would not pay anything to get it removed. They should do that free to prove it was not there fault if they are a good shop. If its the tint shops fault. They owe you for the repair and a refund. If its not due to the tint then the dealer owes you the repair. I know the dealer won't retint the glass thow. Also document everything and get recipts for every job that gets done to resolve the issue.
I find it hard to believe that the tint installers could have messed this up like that, unless they used a hammer to put the tint on. Def go to another dealer and see what they say, and if somehow they can prove it was the tint, get it in writing from both dealers.

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #10 of 13 Old 09-22-2009, 11:58 PM

Are we talking about a 5thgen?

2005 CTSV BLACK LS7 Clutch/Flywheel/Slave, Tick Speed Bleeder, Tilton Clutch MC, RevShift Bushings, Domestic V8 Solutions (shifter, 8.8 Diff conversion, srut tower braces, sub-frame connectors), SLP cats, no cags, xpipe, bullet mufflers, Volante, iPod dock, G-force tune; 379hp 381tq.

Killing 5th gens like it is my job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page