Happy Anniverary - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Red face Happy Anniverary

I have been searching all over southeast US for a black on black SS. I gave up and was about to order one. As fate has it a dealer that told me he just sold the one I was monitoring on the web said he just recieved another.
I jumped at the chance and was able to suprize the wife for our anniversary.
She was blown away! What a surprize and Wow, what a car!

I have not bought a new domestic car for awhile. I must tell you that it was so anticlimatic to drop $40K and not have any WOW factor at the dealership.
There was no Camaro items in their parts department. My wife went in to load up and nothing. We had to ask for a genuine leather look alike for the owners manual. I had to ask for a presentation of the options and then the salesman really didn't know himself. I must give the salesman some credit, I asked him to put balloons on the car, and he came through.

Is this common with domestic purchases? What were some other stories?

My last vehicle was a Toyota. We were treated like Royalty. Shirts, car wax, abunch of freebies. You left feeling satisified and happy to have chosen the dealership. Luckily, the SS speaks volumes and we were so stoked to get our hands on a Camaro...we simply were able to enjoy the car. I guess the economy has taken it's toll?
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidi View Post
I have been searching all over southeast US for a black on black SS. I gave up and was about to order one. As fate has it a dealer that told me he just sold the one I was monitoring on the web said he just recieved another.
I jumped at the chance and was able to suprize the wife for our anniversary.
She was blown away! What a surprize and Wow, what a car!

I have not bought a new domestic car for awhile. I must tell you that it was so anticlimatic to drop $40K and not have any WOW factor at the dealership.
There was no Camaro items in their parts department. My wife went in to load up and nothing. We had to ask for a genuine leather look alike for the owners manual. I had to ask for a presentation of the options and then the salesman really didn't know himself. I must give the salesman some credit, I asked him to put balloons on the car, and he came through.

Is this common with domestic purchases? What were some other stories?

My last vehicle was a Toyota. We were treated like Royalty. Shirts, car wax, abunch of freebies. You left feeling satisified and happy to have chosen the dealership. Luckily, the SS speaks volumes and we were so stoked to get our hands on a Camaro...we simply were able to enjoy the car. I guess the economy has taken it's toll?
J
I'm glad you're happy with the car. I would chalk up the lack of "perks" only partly due to the economy. It's really up to the dealer how much in the way of freebies you get. The only disappointment I had in that regard was that GM chose to scale down on the part of manuals by putting them in a plastic bag instead of a binder I personally don't expect much in the way of freebies, just the car, a fair deal, and a no-hassle experience while taking delivery. Seeing how things have been really good for Toyota the last 5 years or so, they can afford to go all out.

Congrats on the car! Hope your wife is thoroughly enjoying it.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-27-2009, 09:44 PM
Veteran Member

I'll agree with Weland here, with GM just now getting out of a Bankruptcy, and probably a while before that, they weren't doing much in the way of Freebies or horn blowing. Toyota in that same time frame was making every effort they could to keep any American, French, British, Brazillian, Korean, Chineese or any other person that breathed air focused on repeatedly buying their cars. The good thing about the new Camaro is, that it's performance, interior, fit and finish, sound, and conveniences definitely make up for any "shortfalls" in their marketing efforts. Of course, even if you got a good deal from the dealership, a lot of the initial fanfare of ordering, buying and delivery of that brand new American rocket has to do with the dealership, and how badly they want you business 5 or 10 years from now.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page