Front plate mount - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-02-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Front plate mount

I've been driving with the front plate displayed on the right side of the dash until I decide how I want to permanently mount it. But it reflects off the window and it doesn't look good sitting there. And I don't want to worry about getting pulled over. So, I decided to mount the bracket where the dealer would have mounted it --- but I didn't screw the bracket into the bumper. Not sure if I want to do that just yet. So, I drilled some holes into the bracket and attached it to the grill with 12 gauge insulated wire. I just thought the wire would be stronger than using cable ties. Anyway, the bracket appears to be holding snug for now. Obviously this is of no use to those who don't want to display the front plate on the bumper (which I can understand) , but if that is not an issue and you don't want to put holes in the bumper, it is an easy solution.
Just ordered C4MARO vanity plate as well. Looking forward to getting it and seeing what it looks like in person.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-02-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilnocr View Post
I've been driving with the front plate displayed on the right side of the dash until I decide how I want to permanently mount it. But it reflects off the window and it doesn't look good sitting there. And I don't want to worry about getting pulled over. So, I decided to mount the bracket where the dealer would have mounted it --- but I didn't screw the bracket into the bumper. Not sure if I want to do that just yet. So, I drilled some holes into the bracket and attached it to the grill with 12 gauge insulated wire. I just thought the wire would be stronger than using cable ties. Anyway, the bracket appears to be holding snug for now. Obviously this is of no use to those who don't want to display the front plate on the bumper (which I can understand) , but if that is not an issue and you don't want to put holes in the bumper, it is an easy solution.
Just ordered C4MARO vanity plate as well. Looking forward to getting it and seeing what it looks like in person.

There is a Do It Yourself instructions on Camaro5 forum about mounting the front license plate using cable ties. Probably less likely of scratching your bumper.

If you are willing to spend the money there is also a product that automatically hides the front license plate when ever you want.

Add muscle to your muscle car.
Use P90X
9/14/10- Traded in Camaro for a 2010 F150 Lariat
post #3 of 6 Old 10-02-2009, 09:41 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
I also have a solution in my news blog on my website

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty

post #4 of 6 Old 10-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member

Idk how the police in your area are, but where i live they are notorious for ball busting. A few years ago I took the front plate off my 94, and about 2 hrs went by before I was stopped so i put it back on. Its been about 2 months w/o with the new one and have not been stopped, hope i didnt just jynx myself. IMO if you didnt get pulled over for having the plate on your dash then you prob wont get stopped for just that. The plate in the windshield draws more attention then not having it on at all. All cops are different and obviously its up to you just wanted to give my .02. I just couldnt see putting the plate on.

IBM 2SS/RS, M6, Blk Leather...
CAI, ARH Headers, Flowmasters, Diablosport tuned, Barton short-throw
Ordered 3/19 Delivered 8/12 VIN# 21970
94' Z28 sold 12/14/09
post #5 of 6 Old 10-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Veteran Member

I recently got my vanity plates, so I probably will mount the front one (just not drilling holes)...although a police officer who owns a 2010 camaro told me not to bother.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Top Flight Reprodustions

http://www.topflightrepro.com/

Mark
NJWHMH / Ordered-05.06.09 / Status-3800
2SS/RS VR, Blk Rally Strips, 6AT, Blk Int, Roof
NKDPBG / Ordered-05.15.09 / Status-3400
2SS/RS IOM, 6AT, IO Int, Roof
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page