New Camaro in Colorado - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 10-14-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

New Camaro in Colorado

Thought I would tell my story of early frustration trying to order a Camaro and then finally having success in obtaining the car. I initially ordered a Camaro on May 23rd in the Denver Metro area. I learned after I ordered the car, that dealers in Denver would order a Camaro at MSRP but had few or no allocations. Dealers that had allocations wanted $8,000 to $10,000 above MSRP. In mid July I wrote on this Forum if anyone was having as much trouble as I was in getting an allocation. Ron Ignelzi and Tom Thompson at MacMulkin Chev in New Hampshire (a sponsor on the Forum) wrote back to me indicating there was an allocation for the month of August. I managed in getting my deposit back from the Denver dealer (not without burning bridges) and was able to order a 2SS/RS 6 spd manual with SIM on July 23rd. The car was built Sept 3rd and delivered to Nashua, NH on Sept 15th. My wife and I flew back to New Hampshire on Sept 21st and drove the car back to Denver (about 2300 miles with a tour through New Hampshire and Vermont). We had a great trip home.

Bottom line, if you are having trouble getting your car, the sponsors on this forum can help you. I was able to get a GM supplier discount plus an additional $500 off for voiding the GM 60 day trial period. The discounts would never have happened in Denver. My original order in Denver put me at 12th in the waiting list with an additional 20 behind me. The dealer was getting one allocation a month in mid summer (do the math). Some dealers get allocations and some don't. That won't stop dealerships from taking your deposit without disclosing to you that you will be waiting for months. In my case, I believe I would have waited until late spring next year.

I have only seen 6 Camaros in Colorado prior to my purchase. They certainly are a rare commodity in the Rockies. If you want a car and you share my same barriers to getting one, consider going out of state to purchase one. My purchase was the easiest and smoothest car transaction I have ever had and it was all done on the internet and over the phone.

I hope this note will give hope to those of you still waiting. The car is a fun ride.

New Camaro in Colorado-camaro-5th.jpg

New Camaro in Colorado-camaro-nh-.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Veteran Member

Great story and great pics, ya can't beat that

Congrats on the car and hope your face muscles aren't getting too tired from the perma-grin

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #3 of 12 Old 10-14-2009, 09:28 PM

Congrats. I'm another Coloradoan who had to go out of state in order to find a dealer that was reasonable.

I've seen about 5 or 6 other 2010's around, still not many.

post #4 of 12 Old 10-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Veteran Member

Hell yea man. Any wait is worth it for this car. Glad to hear you're lovin it!

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
post #5 of 12 Old 10-14-2009, 10:34 PM

Great story! Good luck to you, and enjoy the drive!
post #6 of 12 Old 10-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
Cool story glad you got it and kudos to the dealer sponsors on here.

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #7 of 12 Old 10-15-2009, 07:47 AM

Congrats

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #8 of 12 Old 10-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member

Be careful driving! last weekend was pretty rough.

post #9 of 12 Old 10-15-2009, 09:39 AM

Happy to hear you found a respectable dealer that treated you well, with almost 60,000 Camaros built so far I just don't know how anybody can expect to charge customers more than msrp.. Just wait until the drop top comes out next year and the "market adjustment" people will have dollar signs
for eyeballs!!!
post #10 of 12 Old 10-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

congrats
I have heard of a few guys getting their car under msrp

Last edited by mucker15; 10-15-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page