Kinda fustrated - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 10-19-2009, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Kinda fustrated

so its been about 6 months since ive seen a 5th gen Camaro on the streets and that was awesome to see. but now im seeing them EVERWHERE! im kinda jealous. ive been waiting for 5 years roughly for it and i havent got it yet. i hate money lol. i know that good things come to those who wait but ****. does anyone feel me on this?

proud owner of a 1SS black on black! born 5-4-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivatj85 View Post
so its been about 6 months since ive seen a 5th gen Camaro on the streets and that was awesome to see. but now im seeing them EVERWHERE! im kinda jealous. ive been waiting for 5 years roughly for it and i havent got it yet. i hate money lol. i know that good things come to those who wait but ****. does anyone feel me on this?
Yeah, I know what you mean. A large number of those you see on the road now were probably purchased by people who found out about it this year. And some of those probably took delivery within 2 months of placing the order. I guess that's the price I pay for being crazy enough to pre-order last fall.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #3 of 13 Old 10-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member

I'm probably opposite of most, but I think it's GREAT to see zillions of Camaros. This means there's a hot car out there that GM is selling the crap out of, which in turn means with demand, more cars will be built, saving more jobs, i.e. helping to turn things around at GM. I love the looks of the 5th gen, and I doubt if I'll ever get tired of looking at it. I just wish there were more out there. I've only seen about 7 this entire week from SC to Illinois! And one (white) was at Adventure Chevy in Dalton. I keep thinking with 55K plus already built, where are they???

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.

post #4 of 13 Old 10-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
I keep thinking with 55K plus already built, where are they???
Heheheh, it's a big country(s) that all these cars went to. Also, 55K built isn't very many, but they have only been building since March, and in full production since June, sooo.. If I remember correctly from a show I recently saw on NatGeo, the first year Camaro produced over 200K units, I'll bet people saw them all over the place at the end of that production run

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #5 of 13 Old 10-20-2009, 08:04 AM

I've only seen a couple on the road here in Nassau County and I passed one going in the opposite direction on Jericho Turnpike Saturday morning (RY w/ black stripes) Anyone from this site? It was exciting seeing another one while driving mine.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-20-2009, 11:43 PM

I only see one occassionlly. They are still a rare sighting for me.
post #7 of 13 Old 10-22-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1Camaro View Post
I only see one occassionlly. They are still a rare sighting for me.
Agreed. Seems like the only ones I see are the same ones I've started to see. A black SS going the opposite way as I head to work in the morning; a silver V6 on the way home; an orange V6 at a local business; another RJT 2SS like mine only less the stripes often driving by my business (and beeping when he sees me ). Then the peppering of one here, one there, on much rarer occasions. Oh, and the 22 on the lot at my dealer and the 30+ on the lot at Paddock...

RJT 2SS/RS roared to life March 16th, 2009
VIN 2G1FT1EW6A9100074
ARRIVED 5/13 day 58 Safely at home-> 5/19

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." - Barry Goldwater
post #8 of 13 Old 10-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member

I've seen 1 SS and 2 V6's so far.
A dark red SS, a Black V6 and a Yellow V6. In order of spottings from first to lass.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of 13 Old 10-24-2009, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

ive decided on an order date. im gonna order my 2SS/RS camaro on December 18th! no more waiting. eveybody in my family espically my girlfriend and son is telling me to.after waiting for so long, it feels good to have a date for order. its like a chip off of my shoulder! only like 7 weeks till then

proud owner of a 1SS black on black! born 5-4-12
post #10 of 13 Old 10-25-2009, 12:28 AM

When I left the states MAYBE 3 or 4 and those where the same ones being purchased when I bought mine I would imagine we are no longer a rare commodity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page