State inspection - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

State inspection

I bought my Camaro in Maryland but have it registered in Virginia. I haven't done the state inspection yet. I hate the fact that I need to drop the car and someone else will be driving it. Since it's a new car, does anyone know how in depth the inspection should be? I'm taking it to a chevy dealer and hope all they do is glance at it and put the sticker on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member

What's to worry about? The Chevy dealers have seen a ton of Camaros. Yours will be just another car at this point. Honestly, I am sure they won't be driving any further than the drop off area, to a bay, back to the pickup area.

We bought our TrailBlazer at Ourisman in Rockville, but we lived in McLean at the time. We had Pohanka in Chantilly do all of our service (and our VA inspection), and they were really great.

I had a couple bad experiences with Koons in Vienna, FWIW.

www.fquick.com/demonspeed
Present: '02 SS #7146
Past: '89 IROC-Z|'91 Z28|'00 SS #0795|'01 Z28
post #3 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=demonspeed;200660]What's to worry about? The Chevy dealers have seen a ton of Camaros. Yours will be just another car at this point. Honestly, I am sure they won't be driving any further than the drop off area, to a bay, back to the pickup area. QUOTE]

That is exactly why I'm going to a Chevy dealer. Hopefully it goes just as you say.

post #4 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:29 AM

WTF! You need to have a brand new car inspected. $$$$ Money crubbing Bastards!! thats all that is.
The cars they need to be inspecting are the ones 10 years an older.

Fly Low and avoid the radar
post #5 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock View Post
That is exactly why I'm going to a Chevy dealer. Hopefully it goes just as you say.
I'm sure it'll be good.

What dealer are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seherr View Post
WTF! You need to have a brand new car inspected. $$$$ Money crubbing Bastards!! thats all that is.

Not just a safety inspection, but also emissions. You wanna know what else sucks? Yearly property tax on the car!

post #6 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seherr View Post

Inspection is not necessary for the first year if the vehicle was purchased in Virginia. Since it was bought in Maryland and registered in Virginia inspection is required.

I do agree with you, why inspect a brand new car? But then you'll have to deal with getting pulled over by cops to prove that the car is less than a year old, so having the sticker on the windshield sounds like a good idea.
post #7 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I'm sure it'll be good.

What dealer are you using?

Not just a safety inspection, but also emissions. You wanna know what else sucks? Yearly property tax on the car!
I don't need emissions for the first 2 years and don't pay taxes for being in the military. I'm using Lindsay Chevrolet.
post #8 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I don't need emissions for the first 2 years and don't pay taxes for being in the military. I'm using Lindsay Chevrolet.
I didn't know they waived it for military. That's good -- you guys (and girls) don't get paid enough for the service you provide.

While I never had any experience with Lindsay Chevrolet (I think they are in Alexandria and Woodbridge), I've heard a lot of great things about their Cadillac service.

post #9 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I didn't know they waived it for military. That's good -- you guys (and girls) don't get paid enough for the service you provide.

While I never had any experience with Lindsay Chevrolet (I think they are in Alexandria and Woodbridge), I've heard a lot of great things about their Cadillac service.
You're **** right!

Lindsay is in Woodbridge. I've taken my Avalanche there a couple of times and can't complain (been a while though).

Have you been in this area before? You seem pretty familiar with the dealers around here.
post #10 of 28 Old 11-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Have you been in this area before? You seem pretty familiar with the dealers around here.
I lived in McLean until this past May. I miss it, but my fiance hated it. So, here we are in Pennsyltucky.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page