sad monday for me :( - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 11-16-2009, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

sad monday for me :(

its never a good day when you have to drop a brand new car off at the body shop for paint work. had a small blister in the paint on the rear bumper where it meets the body. when i took it to the dealer to document it the service guy picked it off leaving an unpainted spot. then friday when i was doin the paper work for my wifes car the dealer did a vip detail for me and the guy that did it banged my door into something leaving a chip on the edge of the door and used a rag that had some rocks in it or something and gave me a vip scratch job across the fender, trunk lid and various other spots. body shop will have my brand new car for at least 3 days. do i have the dealer reapply permaplate after this or just ask for some free oil changes? i know they want a good survey filled out when it comes but im so steamed right now. what would you guys do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Veteran Member

Garage
That suck big time i would be pissed as much as you are now. I would start by asking for it all. Sorry this happened

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Veteran Member

that sucks. my buddy had kinda the same problem but with a lexus. he bought his wife a is 250 and the dealer kept it to clean it and the next day it had swirls all over the paint. they must have pickes up a rock or something in the rag when drying it. luckily it was white so when they buffed it out you wouldnt really be able to see anything. but it sucks when dealers mess up something that is brand new like that. like they say " any car can be restored, but its only new once".

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium

post #4 of 12 Old 11-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Supporter of common sense

I'd expect the car back the same way it was when you took it in, before the damage occured.

I'd skip the free oil changes and do it yourself it that is an option for you.

Regarding the survey, now way to tell until AFTER the work is performed to your satisfaction

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #5 of 12 Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 AM

I had posted a few weeks ago about my episode with my wifes 08 Enclave, was at the dealer for oil change and leak fixed, ended up with $4800.00 hit and run. I was pissed at first, but they gave me a brand new 2010 rental, but they wanted to fix it, I said NO WAY, I took it to our guy that we know well, no way I trusted them with the tricoat paint job. Three weeks later, it looks like brand new. Ended up costing me 155.00 for betterment of teh exhaust, but thats the rules. Very sorry to hear what happened, I agree with OA, forget the freebies, just make sure they do a good job or take it someone that will. Once they screw it up, its even harder to make the right the second time.....

Rodney Updegrave
2011 Chrysler 300C, 1954 Cadillac Coupe De Ville,1949 Pontiac Woodie Wagon,1972 VW Beetle Roadster, 2004 Baja 25 Outlaw
www.fquick.com/rodster56

post #6 of 12 Old 11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah I learned to not let my dealership wash my car. I had them wash my car when I had the airbag connector replaced and now it has fine scratches all over it, way to go.
I also have a paint blister ontop of my passenger door..I talked to Scotty about it and he said I'd be better off patching it up myself.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 12 Old 11-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member

I'd give them one shot to fix the problem and deliver it back to you better than than it was when you brought it in to get the first bubble documented. I'd actually see if you can use your own paint guy and have him bill the dealership.

I never, ever, ever let the dealership do any washing, detailing, cleaning or any other thing that involves them touching the outside of the car. They are good at the stuff under the bodywork, and I let them do their job there. Whenever I take it in, I make sure that they put a note on the work order to not wash or detail the car before or after the work. For paint work, I'd take it to a non-dealer shop, so far I've been able to handle the couple of small chips from daily driving myself.

Hope one of these suggestions in the thread works out for ya.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
post #8 of 12 Old 11-17-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
its never a good day when you have to drop a brand new car off at the body shop for paint work. had a small blister in the paint on the rear bumper where it meets the body. when i took it to the dealer to document it the service guy picked it off leaving an unpainted spot. then friday when i was doin the paper work for my wifes car the dealer did a vip detail for me and the guy that did it banged my door into something leaving a chip on the edge of the door and used a rag that had some rocks in it or something and gave me a vip scratch job across the fender, trunk lid and various other spots. body shop will have my brand new car for at least 3 days. do i have the dealer reapply permaplate after this or just ask for some free oil changes? i know they want a good survey filled out when it comes but im so steamed right now. what would you guys do?
I feel your pain. I'm the type of guy that suffers everytime I find a scratch, dent, ding, etc on any of my vehicles. I can't believe the dealer screwed you up like that. I hope everything works out for you.
post #9 of 12 Old 11-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Veteran Member

bummer sry to hear, had a new eclipse gt back in the day and they backed it into a white sign then put a sticker over the spot. I was home later removing the stickers when I found these deep white scratches , I went back there and ripped em a new one. I also had a WRX with allot done to it and was gettin work done on a after market turbo and when I got it back they had broken the rear Air defuser /same thing just ripped em a new one and they gave me a free CF body kit. I would ask for them to fix it all for free. The customer is ALWAYS RIGHT
post #10 of 12 Old 11-17-2009, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

thanks for all the info. of course they do acknowledge the damages occured there & they are fixing it for free. ive only had the car since halloween & it was just needing its first wash since i bought it. plus my salesman is the one who drove it back to the detailer so he knows too that the obvious damage to the driver door wasnt there before the detail. im just glad i kept my 3rd gen camaro, as right after i got the pontiac g6 4 door rental home i threw those keys to my wife and told her to beat it up for a couple days. i went from +50 cool factor to -50 cool factor just driving it home. i just i guess i just dont want to drive anything with less than at least 300 h.p
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page