UPDATE TO SAD MONDAY PAINT ISSUE THREAD - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 11-18-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

UPDATE TO SAD MONDAY PAINT ISSUE THREAD

just got word from the body shop that my camaro has uncured paint under the clearcoat on my exterior plastic parts. was supposed to pick it up today from the repair of the factory blemish and the body shop said the paint isnt sticking (from factory) and wont stick (their new paint)to my bumper. they have to order me a whole new bumper now. plus i found some dirt particles that got painted over at the factory on my hood when i was walking the car with the body guy before he even started any work. do i try to get them to extend my paint warranty, try to lemon law it or try to return it with the 60 day gaurantee (not sure if thats an option now since they gave me $ 500 off price if i wasnt gonna return it.)? been outta my car since monday now im triple pissed, who knows how long to get me a bumper!!! its "on order"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 11-18-2009, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
just got word from the body shop that my camaro has uncured paint under the clearcoat on my exterior plastic parts. was supposed to pick it up today from the repair of the factory blemish and the body shop said the paint isnt sticking (from factory) and wont stick (their new paint)to my bumper. they have to order me a whole new bumper now. plus i found some dirt particles that got painted over at the factory on my hood when i was walking the car with the body guy before he even started any work. do i try to get them to extend my paint warranty, try to lemon law it or try to return it with the 60 day gaurantee (not sure if thats an option now since they gave me $ 500 off price if i wasnt gonna return it.)? been outta my car since monday now im triple pissed, who knows how long to get me a bumper!!! its "on order"
That sucks man...and my dealer said every Camaro part known to man is on back order...I wish you luck.

Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?
post #3 of 19 Old 11-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Veteran Member

If you took the $500, you can't use the 60 day money back gig.

Lemon laws vary from state to state, but usually you have to have taken the car back for the same problem two or three times before you can invoke the lemon law.

I assume you're having the dealer do all this. Are you getting a NEW car to drive in the meantime? After all, you are paying for a new car, you should be driving one.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.

post #4 of 19 Old 11-18-2009, 07:38 PM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Bumper should take 2-3 days.

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #5 of 19 Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 PM

Garage
I don't see a problem with your bumper. If the paint under the clear is not cured then the clear coat would have wrinkled when it was first applied. They should not have to replace your bumper all they have to do is strip it down to the plastic, spray some plastic promoter and then go from there. The hood can be sanded lightly and buffed, that will take the dirt that is in the clear coat off.

I would pay attention too the body shop. They may just want to get more money out of you.
If it was a factory defect couldn't you take it back to the dealer?
I work at a body shop, so I'm not BSing you.

2009 Yamaha R1
2011 Corvette Grand Sport
2010 2SS/RS Black & IOM Modifications

Last edited by MValdez17; 11-18-2009 at 08:38 PM.
post #6 of 19 Old 11-18-2009, 08:39 PM

to apply the lemon law you have to have a problem that actually prevents you from driving like i have heard some people their rev limmiter kicks in even when in drive, or the people that are blowing rear ends but not paint issues as far as i know. but yeah im looking into that too they cant fix my rear window still its getting really annoying.

MORANORACING.COM all your 5th gen needs
post #7 of 19 Old 11-18-2009, 09:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoslife View Post
to apply the lemon law you have to have a problem that actually prevents you from driving like i have heard some people their rev limmiter kicks in even when in drive, or the people that are blowing rear ends but not paint issues as far as i know. but yeah im looking into that too they cant fix my rear window still its getting really annoying.
Again, depends on the state. Here in South Carolina, it's got to be the same problem, and after a reasonable amount of attempts to fix it, (3 or more, as defined by the statute) the consumer can get their money back minus use prior to the problem. Also, including impairing the vehicle, if the repairs negatively affect the market value of the car or affect safety, the rule can apply as well. Other limitations do apply so you have to know your laws.

post #8 of 19 Old 11-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The Florida lemon laws cover a car for the first 24 months. There are two basic reasons a car is deemed a lemon - recurring problems and time out of service (in the shop).

When is a Car a Lemon?
1.Recurring problem not fixed after three attempts
2.Out of service for repair for 30 cumulative days
Apparently there's a specific form to fill out. However, in this case I doubt if it'll get to a lemon law threshold. But again, you never know.

post #9 of 19 Old 11-19-2009, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinoslife View Post
From lemons come lemonade!
post #10 of 19 Old 11-19-2009, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

i am using the dealers body shop. (courtesy collision) since my car is apart in the body shop for a week now i guess its causing me not to be able to drive the car. they got a bumper coming in from south florida tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page