GM EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT With competing car - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 12-15-2009, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

GM EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT With competing car

Does anyone know about the current program for people that own a competing car to a GM car. A relative of mine said that you could get employee pricing until the end of the year if you know an employee for GM and you own a US car other then GM. Is this true, if anyone knows. Would love to get rid of my Ford Sport Track. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member

I'm not sure they're still doing it, but usually an EXECUTIVE type was the only one able to do that. Regular GM employee discount is only for eligible employees and their families per the rules*.

Quote:
* Eligible employees and retired employees are able to sponsor their spouses, children, grandchildren, parents, stepparents, grandparents (including in-law and step), siblings (including full, half and step), stepchildren, stepgrandchildren, mother-/father-in-law, sons-/daughters-in-law and brothers-/sisters-in-law. Same-sex domestic partners (SSDP) of eligible participants also qualify. Eligible SSDPs are treated the same as spouses and, therefore, their eligible family members are also included.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #3 of 8 Old 12-20-2009, 06:21 PM

Unhappy

there are no discounts for camaro period. im a gm retiree and i tried, they said any car i wanted to buy 'cept 2010 camaro......

post #4 of 8 Old 12-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronss26 View Post
there are no discounts for camaro period. im a gm retiree and i tried, they said any car i wanted to buy 'cept 2010 camaro......
Who told you that? Currently, there are employee discounts available from dealers who accept the discount. That's how we got ours. GMS with no BS. I think in a couple of weeks that's changing, but check with any of the dealer sponsors here with Camaros on the ground and GMS applies. Trust me.

2010 2SS/RS Auto, Sunroof, Engine Cover. Transformer Edition package.
2013 ZL1 ragtop #5478. 1 of 54 CRT M6 'verts.
post #5 of 8 Old 12-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member

Not surprised.. They dont offer discounts when the model is selling like hot cakes. Most dealers I know sell them before they come in... Which is good for the economy..

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess X View Post
Look at it this way, if you have "Camaro" written on your car somewhere, you're already starting with a great platform!!
post #6 of 8 Old 12-25-2009, 09:50 PM

60 day return waiver. get $500.00 rebate thru 1/4/08
post #7 of 8 Old 12-26-2009, 06:12 AM
www.camaroscotty.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronss26 View Post
Your GOOD GM employee discount ends 1/4/10 (as is the additional $500 60 day gaurantee waiver cash)

If will be replaced with a different program on 1/5 which will be like supplier, and added value certificates on non-new release cars.

If you want one at GMS, it is STILL POSSIBLE! You just need to find a instock unit - I have a few available that could be shipped to Florida.

Florida dealers haven't been honoring many discounts, that's why I have send several down there!

http://www.camaroscotty.com
YAHOO IM:
CamaroScotty / FACEBOOK: Camaro Scotty
post #8 of 8 Old 12-30-2009, 11:38 PM

GMS works on camaro as said until 1/4. Working on my 2nd one now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page