Hey guys, I was hoping you guys could give me some info on the new Camaro. My girlfriend whom I live with is thinking about getting a new Camaro for her first car (first car that SHE will own, she's been driving for 8 years). I currently own a 2006 Mustang GT (i know, i know.....) that she has driven pretty regularly, so she is used to RWD vehicles. But I just have a couple general questions for you guys:
- How do you like the car?
Absolutely love it, could not have spent the money on any better car, really.
- Any big issues? (for instance 05-06 Mustangs had a bad metal on metal clunking issue that owners had to fight to get Ford to recognize with a TSB to get it covered under warranty)
None that have come up as a general issue for either V6 or V8 so far. One TSB about reprogramming the AC, it was getting too cold in summer and freezing.
- My girlfriend is 4'11''. How hard will visibility and overall driving be for her? (Shes driven larger cars such as an old Camry before. When I looked at the dimensions the Camaro was about 2 inches longer than the Camry)
Visibility isn't really that bad, just takes a little getting used to, and maybe a convex mirror on the drivers side mirror. The seat should rise high enough for her.
- Any ladies on here who could give me a testimonial on how driving it is?
Not applicable to me since I'm a male
- Any cool options you guys recommend getting in the car?
The 2 series option and the RS have been very big, well worth it in my eyes.
- Does the car come with either a telescoping steering wheel, or adjustable pedals? By that I mean are those options, not does it come standard.
Telescoping steering wheel, yes, pedals, not that I'm aware of.
- As far as overall engine power, is the Camaro V6 comparable to a Mustang V8? She doesn't need anything shes's going to kill herself in, but Ill be driving it also on occasion, and Id like to have a little bit of power behind it.
I have the V8, my last car was a 200 HP Dodge Stratus R/T, the V6 will more than hold its own, and there are aftermarket power options coming out.
- Shes going to get the "Connectivity package" as well as an automatic transmission, so she wants the remote start. Anything I should know about these? (Not worth the price? Not work well?)
I have the option, but I don't use the remote start much here in Texas (doesn't get cold enough to bother).
- On the Chevy website when you can "Build Your Own", it says you have to pay $150 for a compact spare wheel and tire......are your serious? A spare wheel isn't included? Or are they talking full size spare and not an emergency donut?
As far as I know, it's the 50MPH doughnut. A spare isn't available for the SS, a compressor and green goop is provided.
- What is the "Ground Effects Package"? Is it worth it?
I didn't think the GFX looked good enough on the car to make it worth it to me.
- What are LPO Quarter Flares? Worth it?
Quarter Flares are color matched molded mud flaps. I don't drive through much gravel or mud, so I opted not to get them. They look ok though.
- Engine block heater worth it?
You'll only need that if you live in a climate that can get to -20 to -60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If anyone here ordered their car from the dealer, about how long did it take to arrive?
Since I ordered early (before production startred), mine took 6 months to arrive. These days you might find what you want on the lot, or order and wait 6-8 weeks.
Obviously I can take the comments about my car, I expect those when coming into enemy territory. However I like all American cars, specifically these remakes of the older cars, and if the Camaro had been around in 2006, my decision would have been alot harder. But either way I really appreciate any help you guys can give me. I like to be a little prepared when walking into a situation, and googling Camaro reviews wont give me the real answers as you guys will. Thanks in advance, and hopefully Ill be sticking around once she takes the plunge.
Since you opened up the car comment on your car ..... I like American muscle, I just like some models of American Muscle more than others. I've seen some really nice looking, and some very powerful GTs. Thanks for buying American