Solid Hood Stripe - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Solid Hood Stripe

I think I can only recall like 2 members on here that have the solid hood stripe besides myself, when I originally ordered I thought this would be a popular as the rally's, not that this has changed my mind I love the way it turned out. Why do you disliike them and or why wouldn't you put them on your car (with or with out the hockeys)?

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 01-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
I am still up in the air with stripes. I kind of want them but not sure. If i do do any stripe i think i will go with hockey stripes and the hood cowl stripe and have them painted on...

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #3 of 16 Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member

I'm also thinking that I'll get stripes later, and when I do, I'll have them painted. As good as they are, I'm just not a fan of vinyl on cars.

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4

post #4 of 16 Old 01-31-2010, 08:20 PM

I just had the 4th vinyl solid hood stripe installed last week. If my wife wasn't so bent on having it on there, I would have given up a long time ago.

The first one was damaged on install, so they got a replacement, and it had a small scratch when finished.

They had another shop install the next one. He scratched the hood badly, and the decal had a wrinkle too.

They let me find a shop to do the next one.The next decal had been folded in the box, and had a wrinkle.

The next 2 ordered were the wrong color.

The right one finally showed up, and was put on last week.
The installer said that the material is so thin, and with the convex shape of the hood, it's easy to damage the decals during installation.

He did get most all of the scratches buffed out. (I wasn't ready to start repainting.)

That all being said, I really wish that I had gotten some custom striping painted on. The cyber gray stripes barely show up on black. I would have gone with something a little lighter.

I really like yours Jon.

This is another one that I like alot too...

'71 Z/28 RS Mulsanne Blue w/Black stripes, lots of add-ons.

2002 Z/28, M6, Pewter w/ stripes, Daily driver.

2010 2SS/RS Black w/ CGM Hockey & Bonnet Stripes, Ebony Int., M6, 20" Polished Wheels.
post #5 of 16 Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

WOW, sorry to hear you are having so many problems with the vinyl!!! Mine are still in the box, I never even bothered with them, (could not cancel them once the order was in), thanks for the complement. I like that pic you posted, don't think I have seen that stripe before, looks good with the scoop hood profile. If you have any more problems find a good paint shop, I wonder what a 70% CGM & 30% SIM would look like? Because unless you want those stripes to jump off the car (I did ) SIM will be too bright on black IMO.

post #6 of 16 Old 02-02-2010, 05:41 PM

I like the Center Stripe!!
post #7 of 16 Old 02-02-2010, 05:55 PM

I've been surprised at how few people have gotten the hockey stripe package. I got CGM hockey stripes to go with my RJT and I really like it.

I've wondered from time to time if and when GM is going to drop the hockey stripe package since it sells so low compared to rally. I wouldn't be surprised if no stripes are more common.
post #8 of 16 Old 02-03-2010, 05:06 AM
Veteran Member

My 69 Came with hockey stripes so I Figured my 10 needs them as well. However I took a different route and went with a different type hockey stripe that kind of resembles the older ones but has its own touch as well.

I didnt like Gm's Hockey stripe
post #9 of 16 Old 02-03-2010, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
I took a different route and went with a different type hockey stripe that kind of resembles the older ones but has its own touch as well.

I didnt like Gm's Hockey stripe
I agree, if you look at your pic of the 69 the hockey goes past the marker light, this is one of the reasons I never put the vinyl on, it did not go down far enough. I think GM should try to emulate the original a little more, granted you will not get a 90 degree hockey on this car, the car dose not have a blunt front end, but they could have done something a little better.

post #10 of 16 Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 PM

my dealer's custom shop did a great job with the hood/trunk/hockey stripes and the flat black one piece seems to be more rare than the rally stripes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0406 (2)_NEW_NEW.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	5002  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page