Avoided a major problem this morning! - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Account Deactivated

Avoided a major problem this morning!

I drove my black beauty to work today and parked in my "great spot" in the tight garage because my spot that I use for my van is next to the handicap spot, so there are only 2 spots between the large white columns instead of three. So I open my door and it bangs the column!!

Fortunately, NO damage at all. Not even a minor scrape.

I'll have to be much more careful in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Veteran Member

ouch! was it a cement column?

i banged my door on my garage wall only once... luckily it was just drywall and did no damage the door's edge.

i need to get some of those wall mounted bumpers

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #3 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member

im surprised how well the paint is actually holding up to some damage. i rearended my dad in his vette. not very fast, just popped the clutch out and coasted into him pretty good. and there was no damage to the paint. but the plastic has 2 little dimples in it. no scratch,chip, spiderwebbing. nothing.

you got off pretty lucky.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium

post #4 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Supporter of common sense

DOH Been there

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #5 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 08:40 AM

A week after I got mine, a coworker rode to work with me and hit another coworker's car when he opened the door to get out...he doesn't ride in my car anymore

~ Dreams do come true ~
post #6 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 10:19 AM

my wife is missing the paint on both doors edges at the point. drivers side she banged into the wall in garage and the other she slung open into the post at the gas pump. personally i thought the paint came off awfully easy. at my job someone backed into my front bumper and left some dimples sticking out but no paint came off, luckily. we havent had much good luck with our new cars. also they seem to have used some real soft metal on these as they seem to ding real easy.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member

lol maybe gm should have gone back to the saturn style and used tupperware in the doors

post #8 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes407 View Post
my wife is missing the paint on both doors edges at the point. drivers side she banged into the wall in garage and the other she slung open into the post at the gas pump. personally i thought the paint came off awfully easy. at my job someone backed into my front bumper and left some dimples sticking out but no paint came off, luckily. we havent had much good luck with our new cars. also they seem to have used some real soft metal on these as they seem to ding real easy.
of course paint is going to come off really easy when a metal door is slammed into a metal gas pump!

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #9 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Account Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
ouch! was it a cement column?

i banged my door on my garage wall only once... luckily it was just drywall and did no damage the door's edge.

i need to get some of those wall mounted bumpers
Yes. Big square cement. I went out at lunch and parked it in a different spot--diagonally. My boss was with me and said "screw it, just take up both spaces."
post #10 of 11 Old 03-29-2010, 01:21 PM

The first ding, scratch, mark or whatever on your new ride really gets to ya, but after the first one you learn to live with it.

I back my car into the garage every night since I've owned it and on the 3rd or 4th night (I was still freaking at what a ride I now owned) I backed in and stopped only when I hit the back of my garage. Parking by sense of Touch I like to call it. Anyhow, drywall had a slight mark and a little white on the bumper cover but it all came right off, not a mark left on her anywhere! Happy to say the least....now don't get me started on the freaking carwash and the gremlin chewing my front rim up...

CGM 1SS/RS LS3
468 rwhp
430 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page