Clutch--- - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Account Deactivated

Clutch---

So I'm still getting used to this clutch after driving manual Hondas for ten years. I just took a quick spin with my boss and stalled twice. Both times he was asking me questions about something and we were in heavy traffic so I was worried about going too fast off the start. Just goes to show that it has not come natural to me yet.

Oh well, I guess after only 8 days I shouldn't be too frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member

did you just say what i think you said????

Hon

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #3 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Veteran Member

depends on what you think he actually said, for he could have said something completely different

or he just admitted that he doesn't know how to drive his car

hahah sorry 78 couldn't resist the burn. you had to have known that you'd get some heat after making a post like this

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused

post #4 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Account Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
did you just say what i think you said????

Hon
Hey, I love Hondas! Three civics, an Odyssey and an Accord since 1997. I'm getting rid of the van because it is leased.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Account Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
depends on what you think he actually said, for he could have said something completely different

or he just admitted that he doesn't know how to drive his car

hahah sorry 78 couldn't resist the burn. you had to have known that you'd get some heat after making a post like this
Yeah, I know. Just frustrated. I've actually been driving auto's for the last three years. Both my odyssey and the accord are auto's. So I was rusty to begin with. And to top it off, the last manual I drove was the civics--not exactly performance clutches!

Oh yeah, I also drove a ford f"u"cus wagon manual. Again, not a performance car.
post #6 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member

my fiance had a 99 accord ex that we traded in for her CRX.... paint was pertty much gone, subframe was bent, axles were shot, exhaust leaked, stereo didn't work, cruise control failed, and it still drove straight with 200k miles on it. the engine was the only thing in good working condition and we got $2500 trade in on it suckers!

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!
post #7 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Account Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
my fiance had a 99 accord ex that we traded in for her CRX.... paint was pertty much gone, subframe was bent, axles were shot, exhaust leaked, stereo didn't work, cruise control failed, and it still drove straight with 200k miles on it. the engine was the only thing in good working condition and we got $2500 trade in on it suckers!
One thing about those Hondas (and toyotas when they aren't crashing) is that they go forEVER.

We sold our one civic after almost four years for enough to pay off the loan and pocket a few grand. We then went out and leased a V6 Accord EX. I really like that car a lot. The lease is up this summer and my wife wants a Volvo wagon to replace the van.

I got rid of the f"u"cus in 07 to lease the Odyssey. At the time, I was coaching football, so toting a lot of kids and equipment.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Camaro Focus Group Member

give it time. you'll get used to it. it took me about 2 weeks before i was comfortable driving my Firehawk. that my my first car with a manual trans and it was trial by fire cuz i pretty much learned to drive stick in that car.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #9 of 15 Old 04-01-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Account Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetHawkSelena View Post
give it time. you'll get used to it. it took me about 2 weeks before i was comfortable driving my Firehawk. that my my first car with a manual trans and it was trial by fire cuz i pretty much learned to drive stick in that car.
I've only stalled it about 4 times: 1st time off the lot (was just overwhelmed playing with everything inside), a random time a few days ago, and then 2x's today. Both times my boss started distracting me. The one time on a steep hill, he kept saying, "oh, boy, let's see how you handle this." I should have told him to stfu.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-02-2010, 01:29 PM

I still have trouble shifting smoothly. I did learn the RPM tends to take its sweet time in falling after the clutch is depressed. If I take my time to shift, this allows the RPM to match the next gear's RPM a little better.

I still stall it occasionally too. There just doesn't seem to be the same feel as my linkage type clutch on my 83 Camaro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page