New here, Possible prob with manual - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

New here, Possible prob with manual

Hellooooo, Just traded my 06 Charger RT for this beast last night, love it. One question though. I have the Manual and there a load clunck when letting out the clutch to go into 1st and then from 1st to second, I figure this is probably normal but since this is my first camaro I thought I'd ask. Thanks. And glad to be here cant wait to contribute

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Camaro Focus Group Member

definitely not normal for a loud clunk. sometimes when you let it out too fast you will get a little clunk tho. bring it in to your dealer when you can. clutches are considered "wear" items and are only warranted for a short period of time. let them check it out.

"All alone in my funeral home, playing in blood, there's just got to be something wrong with me" -Slayer-
post #3 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 07:58 AM

Also, the car is equipped with "skip-shift", where it goes from 1-4, locking out 2-3 under certain conditions. Are you just getting into skip-shift?

post #4 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 08:22 AM

Let someone thats driven in a Camaro before hear it. Loud is subjective. Or bring it to a dealer to check. Skip shift has nothing to do with it.

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.
Date the ban will be lifted: Never
The other websites awsome excuse to ban me.

Username: Rodimus Prime Password: Rebecca1
post #5 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackacidevil91 View Post
Skip shift has nothing to do with it.
Ever hear a car fall out of gear when the driver is trying to force it into 2nd during skip-shift? It has a lot to do with it. But good suggestion to let someone else familiar with a Camaro manual tranny to try it.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 09:31 AM

I have a 6spd SS and had a issue with a loud creaking sound coming from the rear when I shifted into 1st gear then over time it happened in every gear. Brought it in for service and dealer said they had to retorque the axel nuts.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

It gets better as you get more used to the clutch. Mine also seemed a little "clunky" at first.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all your replys, I'll have it looked at tomarow
Rob
post #9 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 AM

By the way Howdy from NE Texas.

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #10 of 11 Old 04-13-2010, 11:59 AM

And welcome to the site! Hope all is resolved soon!

2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM Interior, blk GFX, sunroof, 'MY MSCLE'; ADM CAI; Zoomers CAT Back; Pdaft F&R sways; Hurst Short-throw; Door & Dash ABL Mod; Subthump; JBA Shorty headers; Stillen drilled/slotted F/R rotors; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; RK Sport Hood; KW V3 Coilovers; More...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page