"Ice Possible Drive With Care" - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-26-2010, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

"Ice Possible Drive With Care"

so i'm not sure how many owners on here have had experience with this fun little warning that comes up on the driver command centre but i do have a question surrounding this

this morning when i started the car up that came up on the command centre. not a big deal as the car was frosted over. i let the car warm up for a bit and started my drive into work. it's about a 35 min drive one way. in that time frame it had also warmed up by 4 degrees. well i'm 5 min away from work and the "Ice Possible Drive with Care" warning starts coming on and off on me. come on for a min, then go away, then come on again. there was no ice on the road that's for sure and the 4 degree temp increase brought the temp outside above 0

i'm just not sure if this is something that i should be worried (ie a glitch in the system) of the car was just confused this morning

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-26-2010, 09:05 AM

Mine comes on at 37 degrees. just pops up everyonce in awhile as a warning to look ot for ice.

Black 2SS/RS 6M ordered 5-23-09 : 3000 9-4-09: TPW-9-28-09 : VIN# 10-6-09 : Received 10-28-09 Perma Grin since
post #3 of 11 Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Veteran Member

I think that sign may be permanent in MN

Last edited by Swissbliss; 04-26-2010 at 09:16 AM.

post #4 of 11 Old 04-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member

I first got that in upper Michigan last October, I was driving along the coast of lake Michigan and the highway weaves in and out of the woods. Every time I would come out of the woods and near the lake the warning would pop up again, like lk99 said this was occuring at 37 F. It is pretty touchy about that temp it seems, I bet you were just bouncing in and out of that range considering 0 C is freezing it makes sense.

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
post #5 of 11 Old 04-26-2010, 11:37 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

Yep, anytime the car's thermometer hits 37 degrees or colder, you'll see the message.

If it's consistently below 37 degrees, you'll see it once when you first start the car.
If it's warmer and goes down to 37 degrees, you'll see it when it turns 37 degrees.

If it is around 37-38 degrees, you'll see the message every time the thermometer goes down to 37.
....ie.... if it reads 36 when you start the car, you'll get the message. If it warms up to 38, then cools back to 37, you'll see the message again.

It can be a little annoying on days when the temperature is right at that borderline, seeing it multiple times in one trip has happened to me too, but it's normal.

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #6 of 11 Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

ok that makes me feel better that it's not only happened to others but that it seems perfectly normal. thanks guys

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #7 of 11 Old 04-26-2010, 12:56 PM

Yeah that craps annoying...especially the tire pressure. Anyone else notice if you're driving a normal distance route that the tire pressures will pop up on your screen there? Mine does it everyday within 100ft of each 15 mile one-way drive, in the same exact spot. That's class

2010 SS Camaro/6.2L-V8
Magnaflow Competition Series Axle-Back, Vararam Air Intake, Black bow ties, tinted tailights and side lights and reverse lights, Blacked out head lights, brushed super sport fuel door, blacked out SS logos front and rear. Boss 339 Black Rims with Red Bezel. Next: American Racing Headers, Vengeance Stage III Cam. Red halos
Last: Vortech V-7ysi Supercharger, Body kit
post #8 of 11 Old 04-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Supporter of common sense

Yep, I see ICE in the mirror of my 2000 GMC when the temp gets to a certain point. First time I saw it above 100 it was strange as well

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #9 of 11 Old 04-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member

This comes up on my DIC screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mrfreeze.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	6058  

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-27-2010, 06:43 PM
sdk
Veteran Member

Garage
37 degrees on mine also.

2017 Camaro SS
South Carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page