Exhaust question.... - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 Old 04-29-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust question....

I know this has been talked about all over the forum. My question is has anyone installed GMPP exhaust on a L99/auto. If so your opion please. I'm looking into what the dealer called off-road? Stated there was 2 styles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Premium Member

Did you get an answer?

2011 White Convertible 1LT IOM, Full JDM Colorshift Halo upgrade, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors and Engine cover, Pace Setter Cat Back Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21x9.5 and 21X8.5 Full Custom Cromed 21" GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full IOM dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
post #3 of 21 Old 05-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarKrazy View Post
I know this has been talked about all over the forum. My question is has anyone installed GMPP exhaust on a L99/auto. If so your opion please. I'm looking into what the dealer called off-road? Stated there was 2 styles.
look up youtube clips of the borla s-type or stinger exhaust. the GMPP offroad kit is identical to that, b/c the GMPP exhaust is actually made by Borla

April 2010 Member/Car of the Month

Gone but not Forgotten!

post #4 of 21 Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 AM

MAGNAFLOW AND YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY

post #5 of 21 Old 05-26-2010, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

I was thinking that Borla made GM's exhaust. Gm calls their performance or off-road, not sure why? don't know if that means Borlas touring or sport. I think i'm going to have the off-road installed next month. Staying with GM parts. Thanks....
post #6 of 21 Old 05-26-2010, 07:30 PM

Borla Stingers = GMPP Off-Road
Borla Touring = GMPP Performance

couple folks i've heard from want to rip it off due to the drone at cruising speeds.

IOM 2SSRS 6MN - VIN 7553 - Ordered 10/13/08 and Delivered 5/22/09 - SOLD 8/2010
post #7 of 21 Old 05-27-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Not good... the drone it what i'm concerned about also...
post #8 of 21 Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 PM

Just put Corsa Cat Backs on and no drone. They are worth the money, and the guy that did the installation for me said they went on easy and are of obvious quality. They have not burned in (only put 50 miles on them so far), but they do sound great already.
post #9 of 21 Old 06-02-2010, 05:32 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
look up youtube clips of the borla s-type or stinger exhaust. the GMPP offroad kit is identical to that, b/c the GMPP exhaust is actually made by Borla
WE have all heard they are made by Borla however I have heard them on a L99 car and they do not sound like my Borla Stingers.

They are a little quieter.

im guessing just guessing they call them offroad since they are louder than factory. Usually offroad means no Catts but we know this exhaust system from gm has catts so who knows.

if you are wanting these type of mufflers or this type of system shop around the forums here a lot of folks are selling the Borla S type system cheaper than Gm offers there's
post #10 of 21 Old 06-02-2010, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member

the only kit I have heard has no drone is the Amercian racing setup, I love my spintech but they are pretty loud which is what i wanted !! the car isnt too bad drone wise at certain speeds its more tollerable than others but id give Arh a call I have heard the stainless works solo spintech ( obviously ) magnaflow flowmaster all in person and they all sound great. My only concern with my own setup is for when I do my headers then I might have to switch to more mellow muffler mike a spintrck sportsman or the arh axleback, or maybe ill just leave it loud !!! the only problem with the A6 is going to be the afm which made me nuts, until the car was tuned

Last edited by mucker15; 06-02-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page