Radio alway's on?? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
ffej0127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 91
 
Garage
Radio alway's on??

Ok guy's and gal's I need a favor...next time you get in your car try to put the radio on without using the key.

I know it sounds strange but today mine did just that. I was sitting in my car and I was going to check time, I meant to hit the info button but hit the power and it actually came on.

When the key is in and radio is on, it will go off with the key but I can put it right back on. I even waited past the 10 min run down time.

I never noticed this before because I always turn off radio manually before I get out.

The radio, onstar and my bluetooth will conect when I push the power button.

Could this possibly be normal?? Someone please check theirs.

Thanks

2SS..IO Interior M6 Black Rally Stripes Borla Mufflers Diablo Tuned 20% Tints Vararam ram air, Eibach front and rear sway bars, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, BMR lower control arms, BMR strut tower brace, SLP Long tubes with high flow cats Granetelli cross drilled and slotted rotors BBK 95mm Throttle body Eibach coil overs, BMR Adjustable Front and Rear Sway Bar End Links Bravado 20" Rims with Eagle F1 305/35/20 in the Rear and 275/35/20 front
ffej0127 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Member
 
shawnm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 238
 
yep, I use mine like that all the time, it's normal


~ Dreams do come true ~
shawnm3 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 05-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
TX_SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,794
 
That is with the doors closed, right?

2SS/RS, CGM, A6, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger
My latest dyno: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjrLR0N12B4
TX_SS is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 05:37 AM
Member
 
shawnm3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 238
 
I think you can do it with them open too, but I can't remember exactly...will try it today


~ Dreams do come true ~
shawnm3 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 07:11 AM
Junior Member
 
cwatson6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Greensboro
Posts: 54
 
Its one of those features in the manual that is easily overlooked. This feature has been around for at least a few years on GM vehicles.
cwatson6 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,078
 
sooo sweet, if you ever are sleeping in your car with your radio on and you have had a few drinks you dont need your key. so if the popo come up and ask if your key is in the ingnition you can be like no sir I dont want a DWI for sleeping in my car.
Swissbliss is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member
 
bamaproshop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama
Posts: 8,645
  
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissbliss View Post
sooo sweet, if you ever are sleeping in your car with your radio on and you have had a few drinks you dont need your key. so if the popo come up and ask if your key is in the ingnition you can be like no sir I dont want a DWI for sleeping in my car.

Radio will cut off after 10 minutes without key in ignition (or as soon as you open the door)

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
bamaproshop is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member
 
bamaproshop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama
Posts: 8,645
  
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej0127 View Post
Ok guy's and gal's I need a favor...next time you get in your car try to put the radio on without using the key.

I know it sounds strange but today mine did just that. I was sitting in my car and I was going to check time, I meant to hit the info button but hit the power and it actually came on.

When the key is in and radio is on, it will go off with the key but I can put it right back on. I even waited past the 10 min run down time.

I never noticed this before because I always turn off radio manually before I get out.

The radio, onstar and my bluetooth will conect when I push the power button.

Could this possibly be normal?? Someone please check theirs.

Thanks

This is just a guess but im thiking its powers everything up when you open the door........I tryed it today and mine came on with no key

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
bamaproshop is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,078
 
I play music all the time with the doors open in my garage if you open them 1st and leave em open. with no key
Swissbliss is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Veteran Member
 
bamaproshop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Wetumpka, Alabama
Posts: 8,645
  
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swissbliss View Post
I play music all the time with the doors open in my garage if you open them 1st and leave em open. with no key

Cool good to know thanks

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
bamaproshop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome