Slushie Sections - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

Slushie Sections

so we're getting ready to leave tonight on about a 2500km round trip with the camaro. it's a dual purpose trip as i want to be able to show my family the new car and we have to redo the landscaping on my dad's grave due to the fact that the elders don't like what we've done

but that's a vent i'll save for another thread

anyways it is very important to me that i'm able to take my car back for this trip, however mother nature is not agreeing with my idea

i have two very steep passes that i have to get through to get home. the big pass has an average grade of 4.9% getting as steep as 7.1% in sections

the pass itself is about 23km long with a start height of 606m, end height of 1740m and over the distance you climb 1134 height meters

that being said i'm very worried about snow/slush through the passes.

so i have two questions for other owners that have driven their cars in snow slush. #1 will it be able to handle the snow slush with those steep of grades up and down hill? #2 if it gets too bad would onstar/roadside assistance cover a tow over the summits?

forgive me for being so paranoid about all of this. just really hoping to have some answers before i leave

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

i have a question for you........where in the hell is there still snow in canada? and why the hell do you still live there?

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #3 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i have a question for you........where in the hell is there still snow in canada? and why the hell do you still live there?

Dude there was snow in her yard like 2 weeks ago! And Have you seen her trucks?!?! Where the hell else are you supposed to drive something like that?

Kitty, just drive cautiously, on flat and modest grades I could not get above 40MPH with the P Zero tires. Onstar is there for you, press the button and talk to them about your trip and ask, it dose not cost you any more to talk to the onstar opperator!

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!

post #4 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

i called onstar this morning for a road conditions report (all beit from the dually cuz i had to bring that into work today) and they couldn't track anything for what the road conditions are. i got the current temp and the day time high expected for the town on the south side of the pass, but they couldn't find anything for the pass. even the bc hiway cams don't have available images

i'm all for driving caustiously i just don't want to be "that girl" who gets part way up the summit and loses traction. the winter tire/chain advisory is in effect till may 15th so at least i won't get fined for not having winter tires or chains with me but i'll still feel stupid as all hell lol

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #5 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
i called onstar this morning for a road conditions report (all beit from the dually cuz i had to bring that into work today) and they couldn't track anything for what the road conditions are. i got the current temp and the day time high expected for the town on the south side of the pass, but they couldn't find anything for the pass. even the bc hiway cams don't have available images

i'm all for driving caustiously i just don't want to be "that girl" who gets part way up the summit and loses traction. the winter tire/chain advisory is in effect till may 15th so at least i won't get fined for not having winter tires or chains with me but i'll still feel stupid as all hell lol
Drive to Maine first and you can borrow my studded tires...

You should be fine if you do encounter some bad weather. I drove my P-Zeros in two major storms the first week of owning the car while I was waiting for my tires and heritage wheels to come in. The car got a bit squirmy around sharp corners, but if you are keeping a pretty straight path, you should be fine! Just maintain your speed up the hill...

2010 1LT RS, M6, Silver w/black stripes
post #6 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigam21 View Post

Dude there was snow in her yard like 2 weeks ago! And Have you seen her trucks?!?! Where the hell else are you supposed to drive something like that?

Kitty, just drive cautiously, on flat and modest grades I could not get above 40MPH with the P Zero tires. Onstar is there for you, press the button and talk to them about your trip and ask, it dose not cost you any more to talk to the onstar opperator!
i thought ohio was bad. but we havent had snow since.....well actually there was a light snow fall in april. but i was in mexico on the honeymoon.i havent seen the trucks. post up pics kitty.

Brixton Forged
CM10 Wheels IN STOCK!!! RF7 SOON!!!!
Camaro/M3/M4 wheels in stock High Gloss Titanium
post #7 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

hahah ok i have to repost some of the same pics i posted in the "first run on the trucks threa" only because i can't access fb

here's our other toys

hubby's ride

these ones aren't street legal unfortunately

post #8 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Just please becareful

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
post #9 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Member

i will absolutely be super careful

god if anything happened to that car i would be beside myself

i swear it's like a child to me lol

post #10 of 19 Old 05-21-2010, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
i will absolutely be super careful

god if anything happened to that car i would be beside myself

i swear it's like a child to me lol

But also remember it can be fixed also as long as in not totaled

2014 2LT/RS with spring edition package. Proud Litho Owner #28.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page