2nd Annual Buyers & Builders Oshawa Meet & Greet - August 20-22
Announcing the 2nd Annual, Buyers & Builders Oshawa Meet & Greet (BBOMG)
-SEE END OF INFORMATION FOR CONVOY INFO-
This August we will once again be hosting a meet and greet with the Assembly workers of GM Oshawa August 20th – 22nd. This event is a way for owners to say "thanks" to the people who spend their days putting our beloved cars together. Over the last year of turmoil the wonderful people of GM Oshawa have produced strong numbers of the Impala, continued to impress with the 2008 North American Car of the year the Malibu and sent shockwaves through the industry with the 2010 Camaro – building nearly 100,000 units in its first year of production! And they did all this while maintaining some of the highest build-standards in the industry
Last year we focused on 2010 Camaros - This year we would like to see ALL YEARS in attendance! Of course we expect a big showing of Camaros and Firebirds, but we won’t turn away any GM car enthusiast.
This year we have a whole new list of activities as well as some favorites from last year’s event.
UPDATED SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Thursday August 19th
8:00pm - Socialize at hotel
9:00pm - Showing of Ultimate Factories:Camaro
Friday August 20th
8:00 am – 12:00 pm – More hotel arrivals
12:00 pm – Depart for Martinrea Ajax
12:30 – 4:30 – Martinrea Ajax plant tours & BBQ
4:30 pm – Depart Martinrea to Hotel
7:00 – 9:00 pm – BBOMG Group Buffet Dinner – Guild Hall / Holiday Inn
9:00pm - ???? – Parking lot party? Field trip to fine local establishment?
Saturday August 21st
8:00 – 9:00am - Breakfast at hotel
9:00am – Depart for Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac
9:30 – 1:30pm – Show ‘n shine at Nurse Chevrolet Cadillac
1:30 - Depart for plant to Meet & Greet
2:15 – 4:00 pm - Meet & Greet with the men & women of GM Oshawa
GM Oshawa Assembly, Stamping, Engineers, Managers, Impala all welcome – Lot 4 of Oshawa Autoplex
4:00pm – Depart for Hotel
4:30 – 8:30 pm – Downtime and/or Dinner cruise (optional)
8:00 pm –??? 2nd annual BBOMG evening social event
Oshawa Assembly, Stamping, Engineers, Impala all welcome – Durham Hall / Holiday Inn
Sunday August 22nd
8:00 – 10:00am - Breakfast at hotel & checkout
10:30 – 12:30pm – Tour of the Canadian Automotive Museum & wrap-up
- Please email:
with the following information:
# of people attending
year and model of car(s) attending
# of people attending the buffet
You MUST send the email to be registered.
If you just post here you are not yet registered. Note this is NOT the hotel reservations (you must make your own reservations)
– There is NO ENTRANCE FEE to attend this event; Similar to last year we will be accepting donations to help cover the costs we do have – details to follow shortly;
Group Buffet Dinner
– The group buffet dinner is the only exception to the above point. The cost per person for the buffet dinner is $35 and must be paid in advance. Details will be sent via email reply to registration.
Host Hotel Information:
Holiday Inn Oshawa Whitby Conference Centre
1011 BLOOR STREET EAST
L1H 7K6 CANADA
- Rooms are being held for reservations for the nights of August 20th & 21st
- Standard room rate = $119 / night + tax
- Reservations must be made by July 15, 2010; after this time reservations will be subject to availability and prevailing rates (group rate may no longer be available)
Ways to make your reservation:
1 – Call the hotel directly (905-576-5101): quote the group name “Camaro Group” / group code ”CAM”;
2. Call 1-800-HOLIDAY: quote the group name “Camaro Group” / group code ”CAM”;
3. Reserve online using:
Other Important Information:
- Times, events and locations subject to change.
- There will NOT be a tour of the GM Oshawa plant.
- All departure / event start times will be kept to as close as possible. If you’re late, your catching up.
- There WILL NOT be a tour of the GM Oshawa plant.
- OK one more time (say it with me now), THERE WILL NOT be a tour of the GM Oshawa plant!!
- For additional information, please post your questions here or send an email to [email protected]
. We will do our best to respond in a timely manner.
Letters to the Builders:
Similar to last year we are asking all those who are happy with their cars to spend a moment and write a letter to the plant workers expressing how this car has brought you joy and share stories about the car (of course we’re focusing on Oshawa-built vehicles here). These letters will be published in the plant newsletter. Send your letters to [email protected]
Three convoys will be converging on Oshawa Friday morning. Please contact the following people to be included in their convoys:
to include a contact phone #
(and your REAL name as well as your screen name) so no one gets left behind when the convoys are ready to roll.
West (via Detroit):
PM-> little_bank_robber or
email [email protected]
South (via Bufallo):
PM-> trm0002 or
email [email protected]
PM-> RickRay or
email Rick Ray <[email protected]>