Should Chevy Give Galaraga a Camaro?... Perfect Car for Perfect Game. - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
G10

Should Chevy Give Galaraga a Camaro?... Perfect Car for Perfect Game.

We all know that Armondo Galaraga DID get a perfect game however he will unfortunately be left off the short list of pitchers who have gotten perfect games. It will affect him financially through out his career and is just flat out sad and disappointing. Do you think since Chevy has made the PERFECT CAR in the Camaro that they should make a great gesture and PR move to give him a free Camaro to show appreciation for his amazing accomplishment and grace in handling the mistaken call?

I think they should. That is some priceless advertising also. What's your take?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:21 PM

I saw this last night and being an avid baseball fan, I was stunned. Although the runner was clearly out, giving Galaragga a perfect game, I am impressed at the actions of first base umpire Jim Joyce and Tigers manager Jim Leyland. Jim Joyce was visibly shaken up after the game and immediately apologized. Leyland on the other hand showed enormous poise in standing up for Joyce, standing by him, reminding the media and the fans that umpires are human and make mistakes, no matter how large they are.

So after all that, there's no point in giving Galaragga a Camaro. He pitched a one-hitter, not win the World Series MVP. Why give him a Camaro? It doesn't make sense.

"Commitment leads to action. Action brings your dream closer."

Commitment= attending college
Action= graduating
Dream= graduating college with a new Camaro
post #3 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:22 PM

And how the heck will it affect him financially? The guy probably makes enough money to buy a **** ZR1.

Action= graduating

post #4 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
G10

Believe me... through endorsements, his next contract with his next team, his jersey sales, post career autograph sales and all the extraneaous other things that come along with the hoopla of pitching a perfect game. It will COST him money. And he didn't pitch a 1 hitter. He threw a perfect game tainted by a bad call. This is like the same as OJ killing his ex and Ron... We all know he did it... it just isn't in the books. I think he deserves to be recognized for it just like Halloday and Brayden have been this year... and for more than just his grace in handling the situation. Homeboy did something that has only happened 20 times in over 100 years of baseball. Recognize him Chevy... it would be such a smooth play. The car sales that would come from that would be incredible.

Thats my take.
post #5 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:33 PM

https://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=24021

Happy now?

Action= graduating
post #6 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Supporter of common sense

I'm shocked Chevy gave him a car for this overrated MLB issue

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #7 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
G10

WHAT THE F(CK?!?!?!

I had no idea!!! They actually did it?!?!?!?

That is so crazy. I can't beleive you were able to pull this post that was made only 21 minutes after my original post.

CRAZY WORLD
post #8 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member

GM posted this on Facebook and the flamewar is going full-force over there, lol.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
G10

I freaking LOVE Chevy for this stuff. My Camaro shows up on Tuesday. SO EXCITED. I'm proud to drive a car that has so much history and class.
post #10 of 27 Old 06-03-2010, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
G10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverAnxious View Post
I'm shocked Chevy gave him a car for this overrated MLB issue
OVERRATED????? Come on dude. 20 perfect games in over 100 years? Overrated? Please. Its rare and hard to do. He deserves the reward and praise. If you don't care about baseball then I can see why you'd think it was overrated... but trust me... its not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page