Heat in my garage - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 Old 06-03-2010, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Heat in my garage

I'll be going on vacation for about 10 days next month and I'll be leaving the Camaro locked in my garage. Temperature here has been around 92 degrees in the past few days. I'm sure inside the garage temperature is going over 100 degrees. Anything I should be concerned about while I'm gone heat wise? I usually leave the garage door opened halfway when I'm in the house. Is there anything I should do before I leave? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 06-03-2010, 09:18 PM

Why is your garage so hot inside? It would help the structure as well as the car if you put vents in the roof, or in the walls high up in the loft.
post #3 of 14 Old 06-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Bully Proof

Garage
Spoken like a true yankee, Rock-it Man.

post #4 of 14 Old 06-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Spoken like a true yankee, Rock-it Man.
I think what my friend ^^ is saying is that, even with vents (which most garages in the South have btw), it's still possibly for the temp to get over 100 F in there. Maybe exhaust fans, in the ceiling, or A/C in the garage

I'm from GA (CSRA region), so I do have some experience with hot summers.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.

Last edited by weland; 06-05-2010 at 09:13 PM.
post #5 of 14 Old 06-06-2010, 03:24 PM
745RWHP, 660RWTQ

i dont consider it hot till it get 150* in my garage, hell, 100* is spring time weather

BOURQUE'S HOT RODS
[email protected], 1.455 60'
Built 376ci, TH400 Trans
post #6 of 14 Old 06-06-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
i dont consider it hot till it get 150* in my garage, hell, 100* is spring time weather
amen
post #7 of 14 Old 06-07-2010, 07:55 AM

I woulod only be concerned about heat extreme differences which may cause condensation where it may lead to rust. I agree that a vent is best. In the North East, many will take there cars out in the winter. They like to have them come up to temperature. This is bad in my opinion. The extreme dif in temp - rust!! As long as it goes up or down slowley all will be fine. Keep it dry. I use a leef blower when I wash for this reason as well. KEEP THAT H2O AWAY!

post #8 of 14 Old 06-12-2010, 06:39 PM

Don't worry about it. My Camaro is regularly subjected to heat like that in my garage and it still is in perfect condtion after 10 years. Besides, your car gets much hotter than that sitting outside in the blazing sunshine.

Dave

2000 Camaro SS
post #9 of 14 Old 06-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
X10 (Arizona)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-S View Post
Don't worry about it. My Camaro is regularly subjected to heat like that in my garage and it still is in perfect condtion after 10 years. Besides, your car gets much hotter than that sitting outside in the blazing sunshine.

Dave

As long as your garage is connected to your house it should be cooler in there than the outside temp, or you need to insulate your walls. My camaro sits in the garage all week, this week we hit 110F, there were no problems.

Go to http://www.cheers*****.com/Camaro.html to view picictures of my Camaro!
post #10 of 14 Old 06-14-2010, 12:41 AM

Man 92 degrees is a nice cool summer day around me! We easily push well into the 100's on most summer days. I've even seen it hit 122 here in Vegas. We all have cars here and they all seem to still work! I don't think you have anything at all to worry about. Also, i think leaving your garage open to vent air is probably more dangerous than leaving it closed to keep people out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page