2010 Chevrolet Camaro the best-selling sports car in the U.S. for the first full year - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 06-04-2010, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Camaro Focus Group Member

2010 Chevrolet Camaro the best-selling sports car in the U.S. for the first full year

DETROIT – Consumers made the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro the best-selling sports car in the U.S. for the first full year of sales. From May 2009 to May 2010, Camaro posted 99,872 total sales, outselling its closest competitor by nearly 20,000 vehicles. Camaro continues to bring new customers to Chevrolet dealerships – at home and overseas.

In the U.S., the 2010 Camaro’s first full month of sales was May, 2009. Camaro took the lead in monthly share of segment a month later and led the sales race for 11 of the last 12 months.

“It’s remarkable how quickly consumers connected with the new Camaro, and pushed it to the top of the segment,” says John Fitzpatrick, Camaro marketing manager, “especially considering our key competitors offer both coupe and convertible models.

“When the new Camaro went on sale, it was predominantly bought by Chevrolet owners, or Camaro enthusiasts who already owned a previous-generation. Today, about half of 2010 Camaro buyers are new to Chevrolet, some trading in performance cars such as Mustang or Nissan Z to purchase their Camaro. As Camaro brings new customers to Chevrolet, we believe it is having a residual effect on our other products.”

The Camaro is also attracting customers to Chevrolet dealerships in international markets, where more than 1,000 Camaros have been sold – even before official export production has begun. As in the U.S., the Camaro has had an impact on the Chevrolet brand around the globe, according to Don Johnson, GM international operations vice president of marketing:

“Camaro attracts a crowd everywhere it goes, whether it’s at a Chevrolet dealership, a car show, or driving down the boulevard. As such, Camaro has become a halo for the global Chevrolet brand, offering head-turning design, performance and value that appeals to car enthusiasts everywhere,” Johnson said.

As such, the Camaro has created a world-wide sensation from Abu Dhabi to Tokyo.

Here’s how Dino Dalle Carbonare from Speedhunters.com described driving a Camaro in Tokyo:

“My ride for the week was a metallic red Camaro SS riding on optional 21-inch rims, probably one of the most eye-catching cars I have driven in Japan. Within two minutes I already had businessmen at pedestrian crossings pointing and staring at the big wide front grille, and other motorists rubbernecking as they passed me on the opposite lane.”

Sales outside the U.S. are expected to grow significantly, as Chevrolet increases production to accommodate exports for Chevrolet’s largest markets, including Brazil, China, Russia, and Europe.

South Korea is also expected to contribute to the rise in sales next year. The new Camaro was introduced at the Busan Motor Show in April as an example of the types of products Korean customers can expect when Chevrolet begins selling cars in the country in 2011.

“Camaro has already helped create excitement for the Chevrolet brand,” said Johnson. “Its influence will continue to grow as we introduce Camaro to car enthusiasts around the world.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 AM
Supporter of common sense

Quote:
Today, about half of 2010 Camaro buyers are new to Chevrolet, some trading in performance cars such as Mustang or Nissan Z to purchase their Camaro.
Interesting stat

Joe :: Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
5thgenblog.com // Michigan Classics
Chevrolet Camaro in Transformers // My ebaY auctions

Hot Rod Search Google searches for gearheads!
post #3 of 18 Old 06-04-2010, 08:38 AM
Veteran Member

AWESOME!

this calls for an excessive use of smiles.

2010-2SS/RS/LS3/IBM/RP6: ECS-Paxton Supercharger / American Racing Headers & Exhaust / PFADT Suspension / DSS 9" 4.10 Rear / FOR SALE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taglane View Post
Powerfreak is the only one who actually understood anything.

post #4 of 18 Old 06-04-2010, 08:46 AM

I love being a part of this. I traided in a 2006 Corvette Z06 for it and I am loving every second of it!!

post #5 of 18 Old 06-04-2010, 11:30 AM
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple

It is a most excellent thing!

Link to article: Chevrolet Media

2001 Camaro Z28 H/C/I LH6 A4 3.42

Like ModernCamaro.com on Facebook!
post #6 of 18 Old 06-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member

I ddi my part
post #7 of 18 Old 06-04-2010, 03:22 PM

Just glad that it came out when I was graduating from college so I could be apart of the 2010 revolution.

Like Father, Like Son.
post #8 of 18 Old 06-04-2010, 04:57 PM

Good news
post #9 of 18 Old 06-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaneSS/RS View Post
It is a most excellent thing!

Link to article: Chevrolet Media

(extremely large graphic omitted)

Need to hold on to this graphic. I always see posts on youtube videos from ford fanboys making claims like "the mustang will always outsell the camaro". Too bad it's not possible to post images in youtube comments, but then again, maybe utter chaos would ensue.

Still legal in 16 states. It's happy. It's fun. It's Happy Fun Car.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Car.

Last edited by weland; 06-05-2010 at 09:15 PM.
post #10 of 18 Old 06-05-2010, 08:44 PM

It's good to see that it's selling well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page