Speed Warning System? - ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts
5th Generation Camaro News & General Discussion News Articles & General Discussion about the 5th Generation Camaro.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 06-04-2010, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
G10

Speed Warning System?

Can someone please talk about the Speed Warning System? I haven't hear anything about and am curious to know what it is, how it works and if you use it.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-04-2010, 04:34 PM

I use it. I tend to have a lead foot and have got too many tickets. I set mine to 75mph and all it does is make a dinging sound when you go over that speed just to let you know. it doesn't limit your speed or anything, just lets you know you're over your preset limit.

post #3 of 20 Old 06-04-2010, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
G10

Awesome. I'll use that for sure. I'm not buying this car to ruin my driving record with whack speeding tickets so I'll probably do similar to you....75 ish.

post #4 of 20 Old 06-04-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Awesome. I'll use that for sure. I'm not buying this car to ruin my driving record with whack speeding tickets so I'll probably do similar to you....75 ish.
Yah, I also have been setting my cruise control even on city streets just to keep myself from speeding. I'm just trying to break that habit. I like the 75, because i can speed on the freeway a little without the annoying ding, but 75 is 10 over the speed limit which i assume is when you start really getting pulled over. it also displays a little warning on digital part of your gauges.

post #5 of 20 Old 06-04-2010, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
G10

That's seriously pimpy cuz when I test drove that car got going QUICK... So easy to get going 80 without even realizing it. Not like my 95 vette which would start shaking and rattling around 75.
post #6 of 20 Old 06-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member

Man..I wish my G5 had that. :O

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, with a supercharger, air goes in, witchcraft happens and you go faster.
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 20 Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camman475 View Post
Yah, I also have been setting my cruise control even on city streets just to keep myself from speeding. I'm just trying to break that habit. I like the 75, because i can speed on the freeway a little without the annoying ding, but 75 is 10 over the speed limit which i assume is when you start really getting pulled over. it also displays a little warning on digital part of your gauges.
ahhahahah oh thank you for posting that. i was really wondering if i was the only one that was using cruise control just to keep my speed in check

welcome to alberta we eat cow, drill oil and rope calves

wants to push you down a flight of stairs to see if you are like a slinky or if you bounce like a ball... either way, I am quite sure I will be amused
post #8 of 20 Old 06-04-2010, 09:35 PM

I have to use my cruise too,the day I picked her up at the dealers was driving home thought I was running 60-65...I was doing 85!!!
post #9 of 20 Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
ahhahahah oh thank you for posting that. i was really wondering if i was the only one that was using cruise control just to keep my speed in check
Its just so hard so not speed in this car!! sometimes you're flying and don't even notice the speed. its not like my 94 or 99 camaro that would start shaking after 70MPH

post #10 of 20 Old 06-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member

speed warning is no fun come on ppl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the ModernCamaro.com - 5th Generation Camaro Enthusiasts forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in